Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Plane Crash Halloween Display Alarms Cops

Here's a question for you. Would we be saying the same thing if he portrayed a scene from a car accident? For some reason I don't think we would. There's allot of things in life that are done in poor taste but there are no laws regulating people's taste or moral standandings. I don't think this sends a message at all, infact it looks like nothing more then just some garabage spread out over his lawn. He should have made some ghosts and put then in pilot's uniforms. That would have been scary.

It may be against religions but the majority of folks in this nation are hypocrits in terms of faith and maybe it might be immoral by most standards but I sure would get a huge kick out of seeing that if I was driving down the block as I am sure alot of others would. I just do not see how it is tastelss. Creative yes, tasteless..... errrrr.......... not so much to me and I have lost a few freinds in plane crashes over the last couple of years. Tasteless is my halloween costume (OBGYN) but a nose section a vertical stab and some misc. parts not soo much to me but than again thats just my $.02
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Here's a question for you. Would we be saying the same thing if he portrayed a scene from a car accident? For some reason I don't think we would. There's allot of things in life that are done in poor taste but there are no laws regulating people's taste or moral standandings. I don't think this sends a message at all, infact it looks like nothing more then just some garabage spread out over his lawn. He should have made some ghosts and put then in pilot's uniforms. That would have been scary.
    Yes, I do think that would be JUST as bad....and he did use bodies - it doesn't just look like a bunch of scrap metal.

and you know that the next thing in the news is going to be "kid slices self on aluminum and parents are sueing"

hah. okay but really-i'd like to know how he got those parts...regardless if he is an a&p or not....usually you don't get to bring the parts home with you....and by the size of them, im sure not by a minivan..

stupid people do stupid things, things that they think are funny. it may be to some but to others it's terrible. usually tragedies are what people mock at. but it was just a harmless, distasteful joke just trying to get a rise out of people and hey.....he did! :lol:
    Why does Boeing start with a "B"? Because it's Better than Airbus.

I stand by the greatness of the idea. Today in class one of the A-320 instructors was dressed up as a plane crash victim actually
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"