Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash Halloween Display Alarms Cops

I am aware Nick but it is all the same nature really. It is all death and horror and if it cant be related to a specific crash or anything it should not be so major a deal is all I am saying really. I just do not see how it is tasteless now dressing up like a arab sheik and going to work as a pilot now thats tasteless. G2 parts strewn around not so much at least to me.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Nick, so you feel the same for the blood scenes that are actually commonplace foir Halloween displays?

Mummies and witches are in fact real, just not in the imagery that's become the stereotype.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I think it's a bit more horrific, to people of ALL ages to see that. It could even be traumatic to some. Seeing even the most realistic "murder" reenactment scene on someone's front lawn is nothing more than theatrics, and it's expected in October....plane parts are not.

Theatrics so is this wreck the guy has imagination and everyone is going ballistic. That is exactly why he did it to be the talk of the town and hes more than the talk of the town. More like the nation. I commend him.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

You are all hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (At least those of you who celebrate halloween and don't like this display)

Halloween is all about glorifying death and gore and stuff like that. but when this guy comes up with something original you get bent out of shape. How are you gonna feel when a little girl with a fake knife in her head with fake blood coming out of the sides of it, knocks at your door? Is that less
    tasteless
    , should she get a
    *********gy award
    I think it's a bit more horrific, to people of ALL ages to see that. It could even be traumatic to some. Seeing even the most realistic "murder" reenactment scene on someone's front lawn is nothing more than theatrics, and it's expected in October....plane parts are not.
    What?!?

Horrific is the point of Halloween. When people see tombstones coming out of someones lawn that could be traumatic.
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Halloween is all about glorifying death and gore and stuff like that. but when this guy comes up with something original you get bent out of shape.

exactly. Thanks Phil and K9 for seeing it as it is. All Halloween does is amplfy gore and violence.

Hey Nik, ever watch TV around the week before Halloween? What movies are on? Halloween, NIghtmare of Elm Street, Hellraiser, take your pic. THanks not Mummie,s etc, that is gore and death. ( in fact, since you throw out mummies, I doubt THE MUMMY will even be on that week.)

THe guy was creative in his thought process. Good on him.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

It is all a drivative of a night called valpourgas night which started in Germany I do not know how many centuries ago but yes it is all about gore devils death and satanic things in general really. I would say a plane crash would qualify so K9 thanks for speeaking your mind. :)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    OMG, Mario here I thought you were a level minded person. So the fact that the media plays movies that glorify murder and gore right before Halloween that is what the holiday means?

Actually no.

Do a little reading on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Honestly, I was a little disappointed that the guy didn't have fake bodies and blood all over. Without that, it's not even a plane crash scene....it's just a bunch of broken plane parts around. (the police tape is the only thing that makes it not look like a landfill)

Quote Originally Posted by K9DEP
    should she get a
    *********gy award
    Who, Mel?

no hostilities needed guys

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    OMG, Mario here I thought you were a level minded person. So the fact that the media plays movies that glorify murder and gore right before Halloween that is what the holiday means?

I'm level-headed and logical about the discussion. Is that what the holiday means? No.

Is that what it has come to represent in secular society? Yes. Likewise, Christmas has as specific meaning but our society has made it a secular holiday about gift giving. It is my opinion that it has lost its primary underlying meaning. IN that sense, what this man did is NO different.

There is no right or wrong about what he did but the arguements against what he did, that are spoken of here, don't make a whole lot of sense. And yep, Phil, he should have strewn body parts and the like all about.

ona bit of a tangent....
    There is that sinking Titanic air filled- jumpy float thing for kids now. You sometimes se it at parties and carnivals.

Funny how I didn't see a thread about that. Yet how many people died during the sinking? Why is it that we can make a kids ride based on a tragedy and yet can't have a gory scene of plane parts displayed during a time when gore and death are the theme anyway?

The logic represented here just dones make much sense. Leave the guy alone.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I say this gentleman is pretty clever. I'm not one for the whole death and gore theme, but if he chooses to display a graphic scene that's the property owners call. If he replicated a specific plane crash with representations of actual people and aircraft that were previouslty involved in an air disaster then I would label him as tasteless. Zombies, mummies or a parody of "Snakes On a Plane" theme would have been my route if I had accees to the parts.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i have to say that i find that totally hilarious, in a sick and twisted way fitting of my sense of humor.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I saw a video about it on CNN, and it turns out he DOES have fake bodies aroundthe wreckage!