Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta to introduce ANOTHER new look next year!

Delta to introduce ANOTHER new look next year!

Yep on Airliners I just read that Delta is getting rid of Deltaflot colors supposedly around spring of next year they are going to probably be introducing a new look lets keep our fingers crossed it looks somewhat moe like the classic Widget colors of old I miss those alot.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

and this redesign and repaint will cost how much????
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Good riddance, I once heard it described by someone on a.net as "wavy gravy" and that kind of sums it up for me, one of those millenial high concept internet era graphics that symbolize nothing and for which some design consultant was probably grossly overpaid. The change shouldn't cost that much if the tail art is a decal, rest of the plane is white and the widget doesn't look bad where it is so what they really need is a new tail, hopefully one with a link to Delta's heritage

What a waste of money for a company that's still in bankrupcy. This should only be done once they are out of it completely and have excess money to waste.
    Nick S. @ EWR

Technically this isn't a "Waste of money" in the fact these planes have to be repainted anyway. Its not like they throw on one coat of paint and leave it there for 35 years, it gets repainted.

So during a check when the plane comes in for a repaint, they will just apply the new colors instead of the current colors. Thats why its taking NW and UA "long" to re paint their fleets, they just do it at normal time as if they wer repainting the plane anyway.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I really like the latest Delta Livery so I am a bit disappointed that they are going to have a new one yet again. Lets just hope the same people that did the recent repaints like TAP, Asiana Aeromexico etc don't get to do Delta.

With all this stuff going on they should really be more focused on surviving more than coming up witha new scheme. Choices Choices Choices. This current Livery should be good for at least another 10 years or so.
    They seem to be utilizing their resources ineffectivly.

Song Airlines
    Interim colors
    *New colors
    Now NEW NEW colors?

Oh well I hope its good
    Senga

Thats Delta for ya!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    good ridance, definately the most boring liv in LGA... then again, maybe AC's interik colors takes that one...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I still haven't been able to get a shot of Air Canada A320 in n/c yet. I keep seeing those darn Hybrids.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Song Airlines
    Interim colors
    *New colors
    Now NEW NEW colors?
    Hey Senga,

Then NEW NEW colors are the current. First were the widget cs, then Interim cs, now Deltaflot cs, and if they come with the new ones they will be called NEW NEW NEW colors :)

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

I lost count somewhere down the line and gave up. Maybe Delta thinks they can sneak in a new colorschemes in through all of this confusion :)

Awsome Avatar Rafal, Werd ya git it?
    Senga

Haters.. :P pero, Delta does need to have some sort of consistency with their fleet.

I'm very happy with this news, and I am too hoping the livery will be VERY similary to the Classic Widget scheme.
    Christos

Delta to introduce ANOTHER new look next year!

well lets not hope its euro white-!!!! but aside from the widget - any ideas on what you would like to see this airline use.
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

They've not even managed to get a single scheme on all their planes at once without changing... Amazing considering the Tri-Stars never left the widget scheme all those years.

Well, lets see if they can come up with something other than a variation on the swoosh and the euro-white combo.

Maybe they should go back to the scheme they wore when they were in good shape financially.

Of course, if they had purchased the Pan Am name, and with all the new international destinations, there is one brand that could've been worn proudly again.. :)

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

They will probably with no fail keep a eurotrash color scheme but ya never know with Delta they sometimes pull a rabbit out of the hat on us