Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta to introduce ANOTHER new look next year!

I'm disappointed to hear they are changing once again because I'm one of the few who love their current scheme. I will be happy though if they change back to the widget scheme or a variation of it. That still looks amazing as was evident when they put it on the Spirit of Delta 767.

I hope we see a resurection of the widget scheme or somthing with a cheatline to it (wishful thinking) Now what I would love to see is retro schemes on Delta birds like say a 757 in the same colors as the DC3 they have or maybe some logojets for the Mets (boo mets) since they do soo much advertising for them in Newsday and on the MD-88 they have with the sticker and perhaps a T7 in PanAm billboard colors
    (super wishful thinking)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

PizzaPolli,
    What DC-10, MD-11 is that in your avatar there?

Besides myself, you are the only other person that I know that actually likes the current colors. I've never met no one else :) I love the "Widget" the best though. A modified Widget.....spiffy!
    Senga

Senga,

Its this one:

Got to check it out this past weekend at the Miramar airshow. First time I've had the chance to really check out a DC-10 up close.

Goodgoogamoogah!.......WOW!!!!!!!!n I must have it!!!!!!!!!!
    Great shot there :)

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Goodgoogamoogah!.......WOW!!!!!!!!n I must have it!!!!!!!!!!
    Great shot there :)

Senga
    GOODGOOGAMOOGAH??!? Hahahaha, I can see this becoming my favorite word....thanks Senga, lol! :)

Greets,
    -Omar S.

im happy. i, just like almost everyone, do not like the deltaflot. the widget would be nice, but i dont think it would happen. i think delta should a retro plane. also i find it interesting that delta is announcing new colors when they did not even repaint all the old ones. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Technically this isn't a "Waste of money" in the fact these planes have to be repainted anyway. Its not like they throw on one coat of paint and leave it there for 35 years, it gets repainted.

So during a check when the plane comes in for a repaint, they will just apply the new colors instead of the current colors. Thats why its taking NW and UA "long" to re paint their fleets, they just do it at normal time as if they wer repainting the plane anyway.

Alex
    You may be right with the facts, but you should remember that the main purpose of a new livery is public relations, and if it takes forever to repaint all the planes, the aim is not reached.
    In the case of DL, they still have planes with the old livery...