Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starjet 727 at FRG

Starjet 727 at FRG

Looks like a Starjet 727 is at FRG right now. It was parked in strange place all the on the north side of the airport making it impossible to get a picture.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Pics? Come on Tommy lets see that 30D do something! I can count on Fred to get some shots hopefully.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

nothing great but I got it....at work, Nose shot and tail shot.....SHOT, NOT SHOTS
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

What does the start jet look like?

I was wondering the same and actually half expecting you to be the one tgo post a shot of it lol
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

She was at LGA for Kids Day, a Toronto Blue Jays charter:

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    What does the start jet look like?

It's the same c/s as the Cargojet 727's at Newark, but it's a passenger version and has Starjet titles instead of Cargojet.

I'd love to go get it but its such a pain to get to LI for me. At this time?....foget it :)

Senga

Nice shot John, I didn't know that was the star Jet. I have seen the Cargo 722 "Cargo Jet" but havent shot that one before.

Senga

Shes very classy looking I like it it reminds me of the MIAMI HEAT 727 that used to fly around
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Actually is no longer resides with StarJet. It now belongs to Pace Airlines, the reggie is N614PA. As a side note, Tommy, the aircraft was where it was this morning due to what appeared to be a left main gear issue. You are correct about the locale and no place to get a decent shot, but if you looked at it when you drove by on 110 it was tilted down on the left side. It is now parked over at LI Jet Center's ramp. The StarJet titles have been painted over in white.

Uh oh how much of a tilt are we talking here like blown outboard tire or two green lights on final approach landing gear issue?

FlightAware shows she arrived from St. Louis Thursday night (actually early Friday morning.) Looks like she is carrying the Boston Bruins hockey team. They played St. Louis Thursday, and are playing the Islanders Saturday night, so she may be around during the day Saturday for photo ops.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Uh oh how much of a tilt are we talking here like blown outboard tire or two green lights on final approach landing gear issue?
    Were talking blown outboard tire....but...after speaking to one of my pilots who departed this morning, he said it just veered off the taxiway into the mud. Hard to see that detail from Rte 110 at 55 mph. LOL!

Anyways, she is at LI Jet Center for those that want to grab a photo.
    Fred...hint hint.....727-200 night shot.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Were talking blown outboard tire....but...after speaking to one of my pilots who departed this morning, he said it just veered off the taxiway into the mud. Hard to see that detail from Rte 110 at 55 mph. LOL!

Anyways, she is at LI Jet Center for those that want to grab a photo.
    Fred...hint hint.....727-200 night shot.
    John were you out taking a pic of the Starjet today? I drove by and I was so out of it from this week at work I didn't realize it was you until now. You have the Nissan, sorry about that I'm stupid.