Thread: My JFK pics from 10/8 and 10/9!!!

My JFK pics from 10/8 and 10/9!!!

Hey everyone...I'm kinda new around here. I spend my time between Los Angeles and Washington DC, but I was at JFK this weekend with my buddy Ryan Spellman (hiss srq) and I had a TOTAL blast!! What a great airport!! Glad to say that I'll be attending the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU this spring so I'll actually become a true JFK spotter in a few months :D

Here are some photos from the trip begining with Saturday 10/7 and ending with Sunday 10/8. As you'll be able to see, weather was a lot better on Sunday!

Please give me feedback! I love hearing what others have to say about my shots...I look forward to meeting you NYC guys in the winter!

- Josh May

Hope you enjoy these! :P [/url]
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Frikin awesome man we defineately had a blast fat lady bugging us and all ha ha ha
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Great shots. Welcome to the boards. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Those shots are pretty outstanding, can't think of anything else to say about them except that they are amazing!

Some amazing shots - LOVE the South African!! :)
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Hiss srq, what fat lady are you talking about? What happened?

Senga

hahaha...it was just some random fat lady that came to watch the planes and was persistent in asking us tons of questions about photoshop and how digital cameras work. dont be worried for us senga, it wasn't anything unbearable...or atleast not a cop for that matter!
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Really nice pictures!! The TAM and South African are fantastic.

Nice pics. Not being that familiar with the JFK area, it appears you were out on the bay. Is that even legal?

Also shows the great variety of A/C JFK gets compared to what we get here at YOW.

Cheers.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

We were at a little park/fishing area called Bayswater and if I could have gotten a boat rented quick enough perhaps we would have gone even closer actually. That is my goal for next spring or summer I think. Welcome to the boards by the way
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

That'd be tres cool -- shooting from a boat. Guess you'd need a VR (anti-shake) lens or something similar. This is something I just got last week and am dying to try out on a sunnier day.

Still, I suppose you could only get so close in a boat.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

Sorry for the double post, but I just found Bayswater. Didn't know it was a State Park.

See, the waters look pretty choppy. Need an anti shake lens or an aircraft carrier for a boat. :) I'm guessing they were photos of aircraft coming in to RW 04L (or 04R??).

on the right mainly they perfer to use right for arrivals and left for departure but we were also hitting bank shots of the 13 departures from there. Not as great aas HoBe but it will do if mother nature will not cooperate with us. It is not always that choppy but that could also be fun on a boat with some foul weather gear

Josh, your photos ROCK, and welcome to our great group, I am sure you will have a great time here, when you start school in NYC !

Cheers

Ron Peel

Great pix of the ANA "SITTING ATOP THE LAN". wHERE WERE YOU PARKED and situated FOR THE PIX.
    Thanks in advanve,
    Steve