Thread: Flight Simulator X release

Flight Simulator X release

Has anyone picked up Flight Simulator X?

Its official release date is Oct17th. It was mistakenly sold last week. I did see it on the shelves today still. I didn't see the delux Version so I didn't buy it.

Senga

no but i am waiting for windows vista to come out first because I am sure it will run like crap on windows
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I want to get it, but I first need to invest in some serious system upgrades before my machine can even run it, let alone run it well. I'm probably going to put that off for a while, because I have FS2004 up and running, and nothing in FSX seems like a "must-have" feature to me, not to mention that there aren't going to be many third-party planes and such available for quite a while.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

hiss srg, are you into anime....Thats a fairly large Avatar you have now. I don't think I have seen one that large before.

It seems most everyone is conerned about how well it will run on current systems. I do think that it is quite lame that they MIGHT be pushing out a game that no one can run witout overhauling their system or having to buy a new one. Also I hope they do not repeat what they did with FS2000. So many people had performance problems with it that people just reverted back to fs98 untill fs2002 came out. I bought fs2000 when it came out, played it 2 times..Uninstalled it and went back to fs98. until fs2002 came out.

As you said FSX looks more like a minimal upgrade from FS9. For me, I'd be only getting it for the more refined topographical data, Better AI flights , Better ATC and Better weather.

Senga

No majorly but a little bit
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Pretty funny trailer for the FSX:

ApqyUhPK ... ed&search=