Thread: JFK today 10/8............Spotting this Sunday 10/8

JFK today 10/8............Spotting this Sunday 10/8

Here's some of my favorites from today 10/8 at JFK. It was only Eric and I for most of the day. The Cargo area was busy though, lots of people watching planes today, families, people by themselves etc It felt really nice being there today. I didn't make it out early, had to much stuff to do in the morning but JFK didn't dissapoint us today.

Monday's weather is looking good as well, any one planing anything for Mon.?

I might try for JFK on Monday since I have the day off, if I can catch my dad in a good mood I'll swing him the idea.

I will be at JFK for sure Saturday and Sunday with some people
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

i think i might be able to do Monday, but what time are you guys going to be there?

I'd be out by 1 or 2 the latest. I've talked my dad in sort of using the exuse to see United's 777's for the last time.

I'm debating between tomorrow and Monday. Sunday's weather looks better but Monday might work more for me.

What is everyone else thinking?
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Right now the 13's are in use so maybe departures from Bayview today we went out there and Using someone elses camera I was with I nailed the 777LR in PIA colors plus a few other goodies were going back to JFK asa Varig MD-11 is coming over from Cali 930 eta
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'll be out tomorrow, depending on what runways they are using will of course depend on we're I'll be. I'll prob be going for departure shots if the sky's call for it.

Back home again for the weekend, so I'm going to try and get a few hours in today. Depending on the actives, I'm planning to visit Planeview around 9 or 10am and will move over to Howard Beach for the EK 773 departure around 11:30.

From there, anything's possible, but it'll probably be JFK arrivals at Costco or the appropriate spot.

Anyone feel free to call my cell... 1-917-741-7739.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Alright guys, hoping to see some pics from today.

Mine will be up tomorrow got some real nice ones from Bayswater and another little spot today with my freinds 10D. We started shooting at about 630 AM and finished out at 620 PM with LTU today. Oh and Eric D. it was a pleasure to meet you this morning.

Love the shots Tommy! The Air Tahiti is great, I've never seen her land on 13L before.

Thanks Gordan, I'm not to happy with my shots though today. I blew allot of them out, I should have lowed my exposure compensation but didn't. I'm stupid.

Very cool shots, Tom - keep up the good work sir !

Too bad my spotting days at the NYC airports are long over - I used to shoot and spot every weekend when the weather is good up till 1998 and I stopped on it abruptly and never do it anymore.
    I haven't been out to JFK or EWR for ages and since I do live very close to LGA, occasionally if I have free time on my hands and have nothing else to do - I go out to the CTB at LGA to chill and look at movements.

Any LGA groupies or spotters in this forum ?
    If yes, drop me a PM or email....maybe we can hang out there.
    My current days off from work are: Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays while Saturdays is a half day for me. 8)

Cheers !
    Fly KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
    "The Reliable Airline" of those Surprising Dutch
    http://www.KLM.com