Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flyovers for the playoffs

Flyovers for the playoffs

Nice flyover by VFA-106 Gladiators at the Yankee game last night, althought they used very little burner. For those that will be around or at the Met game this afternoon starting at 4pm, there will be a 4 ship A-10 flyover (from Willow Grove). If your going to the game get your camera ready, if your spotting at LGA too.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Going to the Mets game today...my seats are high enough that I'll probably be able to high-five the pilots...no camera today though.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

It's official, John Maine is starting for the Mets today. So,

LET'S GO METS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Going to the Mets game today...my seats are high enough that I'll probably be able to high-five the pilots...no camera today though.
    That's hilarious!

I seem to have an extra ticket if anyone is interested. Email me asap matt.molnar [at] gmail.com. Game is at 4pm, face value $55.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Ticket has been claimed by a non-NYCA'er. Thank you for playing. :)

Just saw/heard the A10 formation roaring high above midtown, heading south, as I was walking into penn on my way to shea. I'm frikkin psyched. (posted from the LIRR).

Game starts in 39 mins, no A10s yet, but I'm pretty sure an ATA 753 just took off from 13.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Game starts in 39 mins, no A10s yet, but I'm pretty sure an ATA 753 just took off from 13.
    '

Nope it was 738, no 753s showing at LGA.

You call yourself a planespotter?! ;) Have fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    You call yourself a planespotter?! ;) Have fun!!!!
    Not a very good one. And I had downed about 54 ounces of beer by that time.

The A-10s never showed up. Anyone know why?

Probably got to the game too late because they're so slow!

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Probably got to the game too late because they're so slow!
    Careful, you may end up flying them one of these days :shock:

I beleive they were did show up, because my 6 year old daughter said she saw 3 planes "racing" flying closely together yesterday afternoon I assume it was the planes for the fly-by....
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Quote Originally Posted by Ari707
    I beleive they were did show up, because my 6 year old daughter said she saw 3 planes "racing" flying closely together yesterday afternoon I assume it was the planes for the fly-by....
    I was at Shea for the game, and there was no fly-by. Around 1:30 or 2 pm, while on our way to the game, I saw what looked like 4 F-18s that appeared to have departed LGA and were doing a formation rejoin over Queens before heading on their way.