Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flyovers for the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    You call yourself a planespotter?! ;) Have fun!!!!
    Not a very good one. And I had downed about 54 ounces of beer by that time.

The A-10s never showed up. Anyone know why?
    Matt are you sure they didn't show up? After 54 ounces of beer you might have been passed out drunk during the fly over, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    I was at Shea for the game, and there was no fly-by. Around 1:30 or 2 pm, while on our way to the game, I saw what looked like 4 F-18s that appeared to have departed LGA and were doing a formation rejoin over Queens before heading on their way.
    These are probably the same ones I saw over Midtown, and thinking about it, they definitely looked more like F18s than A10s. (Yes I know they look nothing alike. See my imaginary ATA 753 post above.)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird 76
    Matt are you sure they didn't show up? After 54 ounces of beer you might have been passed out drunk during the fly over, LOL
    On any other day I would have been quite sloshed, but I guess because I was so excited to be there I was barely buzzed. For the record, I had a 32oz Bud Light draft on the 15 minute ride from Penn, followed by a 22oz bottle of Coors Light downed in a couple of minutes on the LIRR Shea Stadium platform, and then inside the stadium I had another bottle of Bud Light for a total of 66oz. At that point I started feeling dehydrated and not drunk, so I switched to water.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

There is one explanation I can think of for the non-flyover: LGA was using 13 for departures, and perhaps the guy in LGA tower at the time is a Yankees-fan and wouldn't stop traffic to allow them to pass. :(
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

again according to my daughter she said they had triangle wings not strainght- so f-18's not A-10's
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

That stinks! Sorry guys, it was Approved on the AF events page so I don't know. I do wonder what 4 18's were doing at LGA that day?
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTYDEMCO
    That stinks! Sorry guys, it was Approved on the AF events page so I don't know. I do wonder what 4 18's were doing at LGA that day?
    They were there for the Yankee flyby. Whenever there's a flyby for a Yankee game, the planes land at LGA.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].