Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe's BestBurger is Gutsy!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Because Flushing is in the middle of NOWHERE.
    But all the mail is sent there...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Another reason to dislike Joe's...misleading/dishonest portrayal of their praise.

On the signs in front and inside Joe's, and in newspaper ads that I've seen, they scream "Voted Best New Burger in Queens by THE NEW YORK TIMES" with a big New York Times logo, implying that the world's most important newspaper had reviewed them and loved them. In the restaurant business, to get the Times to even mention your name is a huge deal. But if you look at the sign more closely, under the logo you see in small print "affiliate About.com."

About.com is indeed owned by The New York Times Company, but its content has nothing to do with the newspaper. Their articles are written by "guides" -- freelance writers who get paid based on the number of page views their stories get.

Joe's is referring to this one sentence blurb in a "Best of Queens" article:
    http://queens.about.com/od/queensalmana ... queens.htm

Lame, very lame.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

No because i'm just in love with that damn gps. the girls voice is so sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyder
    No because i'm just in love with that damn gps. the girls voice is so sexy.
    I have an Envoy with a Nav system built in with XM. The best toy (tool :roll: ) I have and I have a lot of toys. I had to buy my wife one so she would leave me alone.

"Tom Tom bring me to Joe's"
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Mel and I went to Joe's last week and had a ****ty time.

As I said earlier, I got an email back from "Joe" inviting me back to eat there, and even offering to give me a free meal.

So whenMel and I went there, I really didn't expect to get a free meal, as I just didn't think it would happen. After ordering and during chit chatwith the cashier, I mentioned it to him and he said "Well I don't know anything about that." INot giving it to us is fine, but I felt hat was rude. He could have at least siad no in a more friendly way.

I order was also wrong. He gave us two fries when we ordered only one and didn't give us a drink. Also, the fries were cold.

When we mentioned the mistake, they looked over the receipt and suddenly switched to whispering amongst themselves in Spanish, which I think is about as rude as one can be.

The burger was good, but **** them.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The burger was pretty good, but Phil forgot to mention the awful stomach aches we both suffered from instantly after eating them...no exaggeration.

Anybody up for starting the first east coast In and Out Burger franchise underneath the 31R approach path at JFK, you know, give LAX some competition, lol. :)

Greets from D.C.,
    -Omar S.

Is it actually a franchise that you can buy into?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Is it actually a franchise that you can buy into?
    No INN and Out is privately owned by the Snyder family, it was founded by Harry and Esther Snyder. In fact Esther Snyder was very involved in running the company up to her recent passing. I'm very fond of Inn and Out, its a quality fast food place, they treat their people very well, and they really have some high morale values how they run their company.