Thread: Emergency Evacuation on Delta Shuttle Flight

Emergency Evacuation on Delta Shuttle Flight

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=4610992

Emergency evacuation on Delta flightSmoke condition on plane sends 45 passengers and crews down emergency shoots

(New York - WABC, Sept. 29, 2006) - Some 45 passengers and crew were evacuated down emergency shoots when smoke started pouring into the cabin of a Delta Shuttle flight from NYC to Boston.

Our affiliated WCVB station in Boston tells us it was Delta flight 1908 from LaGuardia to Logan Airport. The incident happened just before 7:30 this morning.
    Eyewitness News has learned, as the plane was taxiing off the runway and toward the gate, smoke was seen in the cabin and the captain ordered everyone off the plane via the emergency shoots.

As this time, at least two injuries have been reported but we don't know what caused the smoke condition in the cabin.

The flight carried 40 passengers and a crew of five.

We'll have more on this story as the day continues.

Re: Emergency Evacuation on Delta Shuttle Flight

Emergency evacuation on Delta flightSmoke condition on plane sends 45 passengers and crews down emergency shoots

(New York - WABC, Sept. 29, 2006) - Some 45 passengers and crew were evacuated down emergency shoots when smoke started pouring into the cabin of a Delta Shuttle flight from NYC to Boston.

Our affiliated WCVB station in Boston tells us it was Delta flight 1908 from LaGuardia to Logan Airport. The incident happened just before 7:30 this morning.
    Eyewitness News has learned, as the plane was taxiing off the runway and toward the gate, smoke was seen in the cabin and the captain ordered everyone off the plane via the emergency shoots.
    That should be chutes, right? Actually, the whole thing seems rather poorly written. (grumble, grumble)
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

yea last i checked an emergencey is an event and shoots is an action events do not do actions there are actions within events of course though

my smart ass $.02
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

emergencey is an event and shoots is an action events do not do actions there are actions within events of course though :lol:
    I don't know what it is about what you wrote but it makes me laugh! THis is why we have punctuation. i'm just kidding . . . . . . I haven't heard a thing on it. But thanks for explaining that whole shoots/chutes thing :lol: LOL,

Ferecito from SNL "Manuel, I just Kiding!"
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"