Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudanese IL-62 (ST-PRA) visits (JFK) PIX

Great example of the difference between rich democracies and poor dictatorships. The president of Sudan has his own private jet, despite doing very little travel and his country being extremely poor. This while the leaders of very powerful rich nations like the UK, Australia, Canada and many others fly chartered commercial jets.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

And the ego's that go with the dictators is amazing to boot. They think they are the smsrtest people on earth etc.... That plane is still amazing in my opinion. I wish that someone would have gotten the Iranian wack job's bird somehow. It suproses me he had the nads to come to NY though
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

"Dictators" aren't so bad, if it were not for them we wouldn't be getting these RARE and Old School aircraft :)

Senga

well done mate! that's an immaculate looking machine...she was delivered in jan 2006 as new, but built in 1993. be probably the newest il62 flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    well done mate! that's an immaculate looking machine...she was delivered in jan 2006 as new, but built in 1993. be probably the newest il62 flying.
    Wow, that new?! Wonderful!

Great shots Senga!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Yea, is and an old-new plane...Hasnt really been flown but was made in mid 90s I think.