Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Final flight of the F-14 to land on LI October 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    .......But to echo Mario's statement, when he came back into land...I put the camera down and just took it all in, knowing that was the last F-14 I'll ever see fly.
    Not me...I clicked away like crazy!!! :D
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

the only pictures i took was of her taxing.. as she flew over my hear w/ the wings swpet back.. the hair on my arm rose out of pure awe of such an amazing plane!.. she will be missed and you bet i will be ther tonight takin pics of her at the museum!

She was amazing Me Scott and a few others were right under it all on New Highway. Amazing when she screamed overhead. On final she made a ton of power and atitude changes. That guy was defineately working it . Afterwards we went over to the airpower museum. Truely a memorable time for me. On a side note we saw the 727 come in ahead of the Tomcat. It is all history now though
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Last landing :(

I'll have some more up after I pick-up the kids from school.

+++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Yea Baby!!!!!! That will be the touchdown shot hands down!!! Bravo!
    I got a few but the touchdown was too far away. I will post some teasers

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Fred where were you parked I assume no place near us but I went over to airpower after. Too bad to all that missed this it was Amazing to be wittness to history today
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

It's at the airpower museum? Can I go take a look or will mr friendly chase us away again?

I'm going to stop by on the way home to take a look. I'm in a bright Orange shirt, easy to spot. Don't want to hear it Mel.......

Heres my contributiuon. Other than the sun and haze it was a pretty good day. The Tomcat has always been my favorite fighter ever since I got my first plastic model of an F-14 Tomcat in 1980 when I lived in Korea (3 years). I wish I had seen more of them over the years. Either way I was quite happy to whitness todays final flight.
    I also am a cat lover Felix RAWX :)

Senga

I was VERY lucky to get off work today to be able to go see the last of the Tomcats. With the help of a friend of mine, I was able to catch everything from on Republic Airport (he began his overhead break right over my head) and decided to shoot video of the break and landing. Made the trip from one side to the other side to "watch" the dedication and took a bunch of pictures of the jet. As of now she's being towed to another part of the airport to begin demilling.

Below is the video of her landing. Pictures coming up...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/257695...omcat_landing/

Nice shot!

Thanks Steve,

Excellent video - nice touch with the tower audio ...

Well, 500+ miles and 110 dollars later, Im so glad I got a chance to see this. All of my in-air shots got ruined because I stupidly exposed my film when changing it, which pretty much has convinced me to get a Rebel XT by next airshow season. But really it doesn't matter, becuase I was one of the last to see her fly, to hear the cat purr, to watch the final bow. Its going to be really hard to beat the sentimental value of this event.

It was great seeing a bunch of people from here, really great shots from everyone.
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Thank you! The pilot and his RIO are very interested in any pictures you guys got today...