Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Times Ledger (Queens) To Do Article On Us

Times Ledger (Queens) To Do Article On Us

The Times Ledger is a company that runs 16 different newspapers, representing various towns in Queens, and they want to do an article about us. Because we practice our hobby in various towns, the article will probably run in most versions of the paper.

The Ledger papers will be read by many people in the area. This, I think, is an article that would be mentioned when people walk up to us saying "Oh, I read about you guys."

The reporter is interested in coming to see us while we are out, so I am curiosu to see which of you might be interested to come out Saturday morning, probably at LGA.

Anyone up for it?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

this might be cool! another chance to place our hobby in a good light.

If I'm available when you set it up, you can certainly count me in.

So far, I'm looking to do it this Saturday (September 9) in the morning at LGA, hopefully Planeview Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    So far, I'm looking to do it this Saturday (September 9) in the morning at LGA, hopefully Planeview Park.
    How much money does this site have so far? I'm still waiting on my teleportation system!!

And remember, t-e-r-r-o-r-i-s-t does not spell "aviation enthusiast." :)

Have a blast. Wish I could be there,

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Let me know what time, and I should be able to make it (and hopefully I'll remember to bring directions this time!)
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I was planning on heading out this Saturday for the whole day, and I intend to spend a good amount of that time at LGA, including in the morning. See you out there.

Josh

Any idea if the reporter would be interested in coming to JFK in the Afternoon with us?

Why do I always miss these things?? I'll down in D.C this weekend, oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Any idea if the reporter would be interested in coming to JFK in the Afternoon with us?
    I'm thinking about having him come out to Costco instead, since it doesn't seem like we'll get a good amount of people early.

Usually I'd prefer LGA/Planeview Park action, but with no construction scheduled, I'd like a more solid plan.

I'm going to tell him that we will probably meet at Costco at around 2:30pm or so (time might change slightly, as might runway usage). I hope you folks can all make it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Why do I always miss these things?? I'll down in D.C this weekend, oh well....
    I thought you said ill "DROWN" in DC :shock: :shock:

You meant "ill BE Down" Whew, threw me off for a minute :P

Have fun guys there as usual I'll be down here doing nothing :roll:

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

2:30 Saturday, Costco....I'll be there.

Hey Phil I added in my other post that maybe we should all be meeting at Costco instead of Cargo Plaza at 2:30.

Looks like winds will be from the SW tommorow which means the 31's would be in use?

I have no idea, although 31 arrivlas are more common, and hopefully things will work out.

I think Costco is a better place. I have zero interest in going to the location that we all know for 13L arrivals for legality reasons, especialyl with a reporter on hand.

If we can't use any of the 31 arrival locations, I will probably not be coming, and I will probably end up cancelling the reporter visit. UNLESS we go to Howard Beach or that other beach location to catch either 31L departures.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.

I think Costco is a better place. I have zero interest in going to the location that we all know for 13L arrivals for legality reasons, especialyl with a reporter on hand.
    I agree with you on that, it wouldn't be a good idea to are 13's spot with a reporter with us.

Hopefully 31's will be in use, there defitenley better spotting wise. If Costco can't be used Burger King is great, all we have to do is just buy some soda's and tell them where going to be in the parking lot spotting they have always said it's fine, they don't really care.