Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saturday, September 9th JFK

Nick, I was joking. I just thought it was kind of funny that his request for directions immediately followed a string of several posts advising G-BOAD not to go out there.

Well I went out to the Mounds today and got there around 12:20 or so (I had just missed Korean and LH 747). The haze was a bit bad but it got better. It seemed most of the incoming activity was on 13L, but the Mounds got a nice treat including:

-Atlas 747
    -UAL 777 OC and 777 NC
    -Eos 757
    -Austrian 767 Star Alliance
    -2 Eurofly A330s
    -Air China 747F
    -And lastly, a USAF C-5

And even better? No ticks. Not a single one.

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Glad the mounds worked out for you! I would just recommend checking a little bit later,and checking the inside of the clothing you take off as well just to play it safe.

Really nice collectionn of stuff you got there, man! Glad you grabbed 'em.

I stopped at Planeview Park for a short while, minus the reporter.

Chris Haack was there, with his father, and Eric Dunetz, too. We met emshighway, and also a spotter who showed up who didn't know about the site! I hope he joins soon.

It was a little hazy out there today, but was nice to watch 22 departures and hang out with the guys for a bit.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

well, Gordon and i went to cargo plaza today and we saw:
    Emirates A340
    KLM 777
    Iberia A340
    FedEx MD-11
    Finnair MD-11
    and more.
    i just got home so i will post pics in a few moments

today at laguardia was good. And it was good to see Phil and Melanie again :) and nice meeting you Stuart. nothing really fancy to report about today except the new benches(check phils post on that, lol)

Sweet shots, I see that Gdansk popped in today (LOT 763). AY's Moomins, IB A346 and the EK A345... I mean what a great day out.

Nice shots there Matt!

The day turned out pretty good actually. Despite the pain of watching most of the heavies land on 22L over 13L it was still nice. After about 4:00 the haze lifted some and the light was just great. Caught the Harmony 757-200 and Mexicana which are new birds for me and of course Ms. Winglets herself showed up which was great.

There was a little while where I wanted to jet over to that park but by the time I was thinking about it most of the good heavies had already landed.

I'm editing my photos at the moment and will post them soon.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by winglets747
    Well I went out to the Mounds today and got there around 12:20 or so (I had just missed Korean and LH 747). The haze was a bit bad but it got better. It seemed most of the incoming activity was on 13L, but the Mounds got a nice treat including:
    Glad you went there after the negative publicity about the spot. I would think the C5 would have made it worth it. Did the shot come out good? Sounds like you got there early for that spot with the sun still pretty high but post some shots.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol