Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday, September 9th JFK

ok dilemma....I'm an hour drive from either....what to do, what to do....

but what is a good spot is the pattern does not change. maybe to see the 22R departures.

Where exactly are the mounds? I have yet to go to the mounds........ Directions from Long Beach would be appreciated for future times I will be there
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Guys...with the hazy skies and the runway config, it really seems like a bad day at JFK. Maybe tomorrow will be better! Remember, there's always tomorrow. :)

Quote Originally Posted by G-BOAD
    but what is a good spot is the pattern does not change. maybe to see the 22R departures.
    Bayswater I think.

By the way I was checking Emirates 201's progress and she has an ETA of 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Guys...with the hazy skies and the runway config, it really seems like a bad day at JFK. Maybe tomorrow will be better! Remember, there's always tomorrow. :)
    I really wanted to do tommorw because I love spotting at JFK on a Sunday but I have my High School orientation :cry:

Although we have to remember conditions change throughout the day! It might end up being gorgeous in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Where exactly are the mounds? I have yet to go to the mounds........ Directions from Long Beach would be appreciated for future times I will be there
    Ryan...are you serious? After all these posts and the spotting maps advising people NOT to go to the mounds, and you ask for directions? :shakes head:

:?

Alright just called ATIS again, 22L for arrivals and 22R deparures are stil in effect. Hopefully in two hours the runways will have changed.

I'm about to leave so I won't be able to check the forums. I hope he doesn't mind but I'll give Phil a call as I'm getting closer if the runways have changed to see where he is.

Hope to see you guys!

no for the winter not for now Mel cool down lmao I was curious not for now not for like till Novermber December time frame lol I am not intrested in ticks or any of that stuff lol That place is safe during the winter right? I am not stupid, maybe slightly crazy but stupid no.....
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

[quote=Iberia A340-600]
    Quote Originally Posted by "G-BOAD":3bcd4
    Bayswater I think.[/quote:3bcd4]

You go from ticks at the mounds to bees and mosquitos (lots of them) at Bayswater. Another one of those spots I avoid....

Besides, Bayswater is no good for shooting from about 12pm through sunset due to the sun being directly in front of you.

I have heard that there is a public park a couple of blocks north of the mounds where you might be able to take some pictures of 22L arrivals, but I have not shot there yet. You might try driving around the area near the mounds and finding that park. I agree with Mel, though, about the haze today....not ideal shooting conditions.

Josh: I was just about to say the same thing about Bayswater. Pick your poison, lol.

Ryan: Please don't tell me to cool down. Not necessary. :|

15:10 ETA is great, i really want to see the Emirates.
    I am going to JFK today b/c i am in my dads office and today is just great plan. Its sunny and the sky is blue. What more could you ask for, x-ept (my new slang words) to change the runway cofig. (and OK, i looked out the window and its not striking blue but this kind of not so blue blue, but its still nice. and and the window is dirty)

I am heading out now, don't exactly know where. Hope to see some of you out there.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I want to see some kind of a report fellas' . Have fun!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by mellyrose
    Ryan...are you serious? After all these posts and the spotting maps advising people NOT to go to the mounds, and you ask for directions? :shakes head:
    Why can't someone go to the mounds? Just because you feel it is not a great spotting location doesn't mean everyone else does. If they are using 22L late in the day and the sun is good it is still a good location to shoot. Wear long pants and check yourself thoroughly when you leave. In the middle of summer you risk picking up ticks on the back nine here, doesn't mean everyone just stops playing golf.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol