Thread: A380 takes guinea-pig passengers aloft

A380 takes guinea-pig passengers aloft

While I was checking out the info about the Crock Hunter I came across this article in an Austrailian newspaper:

September 05, 2006 03:49am

THE Airbus A380, the world's largest commercial airliner, took its first passengers aloft on a test flight, as the company announced a fresh management shake-up to grapple with delays plaguing the superjumbo.

“It's fabulous, impressive,” gushed Ludovic Lesbats, one of 474 Airbus employees who volunteered for a seven-hour flight designed to test the plane's cabin arrangements.

Passengers speaking to reporters after the 6500km trip across Europe hailed the aircraft's quietness and the comfort of its interior.

“We didn't feel the take-off ... and people could move about without any discomfort,” Mr Lesbats said.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 62,00.html

Saw some shots of the cabin, anyone know if this is going to be the layout used by some airline (presumably whoever is receiving this aircraft), or if it is just an Airbus company demonstrator layout? The premium seats looked roomy! I had read somwhere that this one, c/n 002/F-WXXL I think, was to go to Etihad but that interior is not in their colors...

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    “We didn't feel the take-off"

-WOW what a let down. Totally yanking away what is probably the best part of any flight!

... and people could move about without any discomfort

-Well.....do people usually have discomfort when they move around to begin with???
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: A380 takes guinea-pig passengers aloft

Quote Originally Posted by Bellucciman
    “It's fabulous, impressive,” gushed Ludovic Lesbats, one of 474 Airbus employees
    LOL