Thread: Citation crash video

Citation crash video

V06LBgfuxgA

Citation overran the rwy at Bader Field, Atlantic City last year. He landed downwind (with an airport diagram clipped to his control column stating "airfield closed to jet traffic") and ran off the end and ended up in the water (ignore the typo on the page title)

Everyone got out OK, but don't miss the part of the video after they all get out of the aircraft - it's quite amazing!

Here's the NTSB report:
    http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_ ... 085&akey=1

Man that is astonishing! I wonder how the engine turned itself back on and spooled up. That's a great find.

:shock: WOW!!! BIG ASS THANKYOU MOOSE!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

The accident and stuff was one thing, but I can't get over the engine firing up like that.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

that plane has a mind of its own :shock:

Salt water and electronics do not mix well! :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

First off I hope this guy got his ticket yanked for that stunt, second off WOW! I knew that CJ's were tough but sheesh it's a private jet, yatch and pending the wing upgrade that mini cooper is selling a family car all rolled into one!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i think that if he spooled up both and ran the #1 at a higher N1 than the #2 he would eventually have made it back near the shore of the airport. since he only had the #2 running he wound up just spinning in circles. funny, and amazing. wonder what the environmental impact cost them...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.