Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Island NYCA Dinner

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bird76
    Nick you better be making some Franklins out there, this is going to be a big first round, LOLOLOL
    My wallet is going to get stuck in my pocket like yours!

Keep in mind Smokin Als will have trouble seating a big party, we had 7 last time and we were like sardines. Their dining room is not the biggest, if we get a solid # we can call ahead though.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

You know I think we need to change the date. I didn't even realize that it was 9/11. Myself and Tommy discussed this before. On this day I don't feel we should be out eating and drinking and having a grand ol time. I think we should be a little more somber and maybe watch the ceremonies and such on television. A lot of people gave their lives that day, and I think the least we can do for them is to forego one night of fun.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Mr. Volaro if you read my post above I said we were leaning towards the 24th since Moose and Fred could not attend on the 11th. Are you drinking already in anticipation of our dinner???

Well I better drink now since you won't buy any! The 24th works good, that is my Friday so I will be going hard. Any body else that is not driving wants to get a buzz on let me know.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    on question, 9-24 is the Sunday and thats fine. Rosh Hashananannannannna is the the day before. would that impose any diet issues? Port Ribs all around?

Highheels is not home for me to ask!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

If we eat Smokin Als I may get those ribs Tommy had last time, they were huge!

They were big Nick but didn't have that much meat on them, I'd go with the regular ribs they have.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    the 24th works great for me, i'm off the next day. count me in if it's happenning that sunday.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Just want to bring this to the top again. If you are going and haven't posted please just post "I'm in" so we can get a table at Smokin Al's.

For Sunday, 9/24? I'm in!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Count us as both in for 9-24.

Nik, what did you order for me last time? I cant even remember. Brisket and something else??? The food was all great!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Was probably the pulled pork which I think is much better than the brisket, I am in. Tommy pick me up cause Sunday is my Fri so I am getting smashed. Haven't gotten a good buzz in a long time.

Fred better leave his camera home

I'm in.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Sept 24th.....maybe. Will be back from a week in redneck country, so I may need some real people and real food.

Definite Maybe

Sep 24 sounds good depending on time. Wife and kid will be at a crew regatta--I was told I can't go because no one can watch the dog. Thanks Shelby .... my dear old 16 year old semi incontinent puppy :)

Anyway if it is the 24th I just may be there!
    It's the fares, stupid