Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day weekend spotting

Labor Day weekend spotting

Its been awhile since we had a group out spotting and the weather is looking good this coming weekend. I'm going to plan on being out on Sat for spotting. Anyone else going to make the trip out? I'll prob start with LGA then work to JFK for some departures shots.

I was thinking of going out to JFK on Saturday although I might not be able to if we have guests over.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    well....

I know we are going upstate for hte weekend. How early will you be at LGA? I might be able to stop off early and then continue north.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

UGH! Fantasy Football draft this Saturday morning. Maybe later in the day? I'll play it by ear.

I should be flying up Friday again and back Sunday morning I might join the JFK spotting.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Alright it looks like we'll have guests but I'm thinking September 9th for JFK, getting in some spotting before school starts on the 11th would be nice.

Hey Tommy,

if it looks like there's gonna be a fair group out Saturday and the weather holds, I'll probably drive up...I've been itching to do some shooting out at JFK again! :)

Regards,
    -Omar S.

has everyone forgotten the airshow at Farmingdale??? heheh ill be out this weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanExplorer222
    has everyone forgotten the airshow at Farmingdale??? heheh ill be out this weekend..
    Yes that's why I'm going to LGA and JFK, LOL

I dont know if you'd call it an Airshow just some old warbirds flying when they want...besides right now they say Saturday is going to suck, rain all day.

The forecast for the entire weekend looks like crap right now. Oh well we'll see what happens.

Speaking of FRG, word I got last night is they expect a B-17, B-24 and B-25 this weekend, arriving Friday, staying until Monday. I may end up spending some time volunteering there this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

What's the deal on the FRG thing on Sat? Might be a good op to get some interesting shots since if it rains no one will be there.

http://www.americanairpowermuseum.com/

A B-17 Flying Fortress and a B-24 Liberator bomber will be offering flight experiences this Labor Day weekend from Friday, September 1st through September 4th at Republic Airport's American Airpower Museum, 1230 New Highway, Farmingdale, south of Conklin Avenue as part of Stop & Shop Supermarket's annual "Flight of Aces" tribute to Long Island veterans and defense workers.

Doors will be open between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The museum's squadron of fighters and patrol planes join the bombers in the air as living historians brief visitors inside a C-47 paratroop transport about Airborne drops over Normandy and a Vietnam era F-105 Thunderchief built on Long Island is towed out for display. In addition, the museum will unveil its Republic Aviation diorama that features mannequins in period costume at a time when Long Island was building one Republic P-47 every hour during World War II.

To help keep the aircraft flying, an admission will be charged of $15 for adults, $10 for veterans and seniors and $5 for children. A tax deductible donation of $425 will be requested for the B-17 or B-24 flight experience that lasts some thirty minutes.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The airshow at Lancaster, PA, of all places, last weekend had a B-17, a B-24 and 2 B-25s. Rides were scheduled, but scrubbed due to low cigs.