Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Security Incident at JFK over T-shirt?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamspotter
    When white haired grandmas from Topeka start bombing planes then I'll stop profiling.
    Scary.. Last I checked we still live in the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by gothamspotter
    Us being vigilant does not mean they're winning.
    Your way past vigiliant, it's more like paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bird76
    The Capts. decision supersedes his rights, that is the law.
    I am well aware of this fact but it wasn't the captain that had a problem with the shirt at first. It was the people in the gate area.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    And were does it end? I'm uncomfortable with a young African-American man on board because I was mugged by one once, so he needs to get off the airplane
    Finally somebody making sense.

As for beers maybe if we all put a prybar in Tommy's wallet and put all our strength together maybe we can open it!

Beers on Tommy!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I happen to work for one of those agencies with the three letters and do we look suspiciously at people? Yes, with reports I read all the time that send chills up my spine, you bet. Are some of the procedures we get from DC ridicous? Yep but we still follow them (shaking our heads).

I have to admit up front that I have had PAPD check persons hanging out in parks around the airport. It is not to harass to spotters but to ensure the people there are spotters. A manpad (shoulder mounted missile) is just a tube and a battery. It can be set up in seconds, fired and off the perps go.

We have nothing against the spotters, hey in a former life I would love to sit under the arriving flights. Life will never be the same again. After seeing dozens of friends and co-workers die and attend their funerals gives you incentive to never have that happen again.

The person in question from this article was questioned and asked to change his shirt to ease the concerns of his fellow passengers. Is this really as bad as he is trying to portray? No. He was looking to be a victim.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    He was looking to be a victim.

Ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"