Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Breaking News on CNN - Sad Story

Quote Originally Posted by KLM777
    I got my private with about 67 hours even though the mins are 40, got my multi after that at about 73.5 hours. what are you a spotter that moonlights as a pilot too?
    I know the min time for a PPL is 40 hours - I got my PPL with about 70 hours, just surprised you could get a multi with only 6 more hours, that's all.

And by the way, in addition to my PPL, which I earned in 1980, I have the following:

Commercial Pilot
    Airplane Single Engine Land
    Airplane Multiengine Land
    Instrument Airplane
    Passed the 727 Flight Engineer and CFI Writtens as well, but they're probably expired by now.

Haven't flown in a number of years, but I have about 1,200 hours, including about 85 in the T-37, 110 or so in the T-38, and about 700 in the KC-135 (That's that little airplane in my avatar, BTW.)

I've flown single engine Pipers and Cessnas, multi-engine jets, in rain, snow, fog, transatlantic, in formation, supersonic, tanker and receiver air refueling...I think I have more time in the KC-135 simulator then you have total time...

So no, I'm not a "spotter that moonlights as a pilot too" thank you very much.

All off-topic posts from here on in this thread will be deleted...unless anybody feels the need to apologize to anyone else.
    OK, Phil, I'll apologize, I was in the middle of writing this reply when you posted, so I didn't see your post, I'll try better next time. :)

I'm going to lock this so we can start fresh.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].