Thread: New Rebel 400D/Xti from Canon

New Rebel 400D/Xti from Canon

Looks like Canon has responded to Nikon's new line of consumer SLRs with some nice upgrades to the Rebel.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06...0drebelxti.asp

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    And still with the APS-size sensor.... I have the 20/2.8 that I use extensively for pretty much anything that's not a person or an airplane, yet, I don't really relish that 20 becoming a pishy 32mm. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for Canon to put the full-size sensor in the DigiReb body, but until then, my camera big still holds my trusty ElanIIe.

The one thing I see there that turns me off to it is the grip; that page says it has basically the same grip as the 350D (Rebel XT), which I've found to be too small/cramped for me. Even my girlfriend, with smaller hands, finds that grip too small.

The dust-removal thing is interesting, if it works, well, and having 10MP is nice, but with the APS-C size sensor, is there going to be an increase in noise from packing everything closer?
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Guys I wouldn't discount the APS sized sensor. If Canon switched over to a full size sensor like in the 5D our 400mm lens would be rather ineffective for aviation photography. With the crop factor the 400mm is really a 600mm equivalent.

I agree on the size factor of the Rebel XT, way to small. Remember though Canon is targeting this for the consumer and most consumers size is everything.

Nice article in todays USAToday both print and online about the new Rebel XTi, Nikon N80, and the new Sony Alpha A-100

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industrie ... eras_x.htm

Cheers

LGA777