Thread: Oh, just another aircraft on finals at Willow Run

Oh, just another aircraft on finals at Willow Run

I was out in Detroit for the Thunder Over Michigan Airshow this past weekend and thought you would appreciate my first picture post of the show to be this beauty. Although it's not military or a Warbird it was a first for me and a very beautiful aircraft.

+++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Really nice job picking up those classic lines. More and more cargo is becoming more appealing then passenger simply because you can still see the classics.

only one final, not finals, sorry but it drives me crazy when people say "finals". As a pilot, we do not say we are on "finals" for the runway, we say "final". Not too long ago I started a debate about this on a.net and it ended up about 110 replies long! Great pic though, you have to love the DC-8!

Quote Originally Posted by lear45
    only one final, not finals, sorry but it drives me crazy when people say "finals". As a pilot, we do not say we are on "finals" for the runway, we say "final". Not too long ago I started a debate about this on a.net and it ended up about 110 replies long! Great pic though, you have to love the DC-8!
    hahaha i remember that debate!
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by lear45
    As the Devo song goes "Crack that whip!" :lol:
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!