Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYCAviation 2006 Picnic: The Aftermath

NYCAviation 2006 Picnic: The Aftermath

Ok, guys, this is where you post your pictures form the day (aviaition or of the people) and talk about what you did and what you thought.

I'll post again later, still cleaning up!

Thanks to all thsoe who came and contributed!

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Don't mind the typos, Phil is running around like a chicken without it's head right now.

Thanks to everyone who came! Fortunately the weather turned out nice (god awful hot, but no t-storms!)

It was great to finally put faces to the names of people I've seen on the boards for months.

I hope everyone enjoyed the food, festivities and the raffle! :D

NYCAviation 2006 Picnic: The Aftermath

It was a pleasure to finally meet you all. Phil, great prizes. This was alot of fun. Hope I can come again sometime.

Sam (Shmuel) Ziegler
    Samuel Ziegler

I think I may have a picture or two to post later.....Thanks guys, sorry I had to leave so fast..... -Derf
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Hey Everyone,

I want to thank you all so much for coming out and spending your day with us. It was hot, but nice and we seem to have made the best of it. We had a great turnout, close to 40 people, and everyone contributed in some way. A large percentage of the attendees were people we’ve never met before. I really hope you guys keep in touch and continue to come out.

I want to thank everyone that got in on the raffle. Your contributions are very helpful and I sincerely appreciate it. Thanks also to everyone who is eager to volunteer on the site. (email me and I’ll add your name to the volunteer list).

I hope you folks enjoyed the raffle and had a good day. I had an absolutely wonderful time. I also thought it was very nice that a lot of our new friends that came won raffle prizes.

If you ended up with an NYCAviation T-Shirt certificate, PM or email me, and I’ll give you my mailing address to send it to me, and I’ll get you your shirts.

I’m sorry I didn’t get to talk to each of you guys a little more. So many new faces, but I hope you guys come out again so we can chat more.

Thanks again to all of you!

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

No, Phil, thanks to you and to the NYCAviation.com team. It was really a beuatiful sunday and I had a lot of fun. So thank you guys, must have been a lot of work for you and you're everytime welcome in Prague. There is an international spotter meeting on the end of August.

Did that camera guy piss anyone else off? HAHAH I had alot of fun today, thanks so much Phil and Mel for your excellent planning it turned out great!!!!

Heres my damage for the day, one photo that didn't turn out totally crappy.

again thanks for the great sunday!
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting

It was fantastic to meet so many new faces today. We really have some great people in our community. I hope everyone had as much as a great time as I did.

Congrats on the great event, it was really neat meeting everyone.

Likewise. Phil and Melly it was a great day! Thank you for putting it together. The food was great, the raffles were awsome. Great to meet some new people and catch up with those I haven't seen in a while. Just too bad we didn't get to see those Rhinos depart :cry: But hey, I get out of work a little early tomorrow and they are supposed to depart at 3! Anyone game? Thanks again Phil and Mel and to everyone that showed up. It was truly a pleasure!
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Thanks Mel and Phil, I had a great time! The weather was pretty nice and I enjoyed the traffic from LGA taking off so close by and coming over the park. What more could an aviation picnic have? (well maybe a picnic on Maho :lol:)

Great to see everyone again and meet new people.

You got some great shots there Derf, you got me in two of them!

My photos from LGA didn't turn out to well but I have three decent shots to share including the Pink Song, was that the surprise? I headed out to JFK afterwards and hit Burger King for the time. Not one hassle from the cops and got some nice traffic including the Iberia A340-600 :D.

Hope to see you all soon!

Phil and Tommy, ready for a week in the woods:

Planting the flag...

Just for you, Melanie:

"No Dad, you're doing it wrong!"

The whole (mostly) motley crew:

Had a great time today. Thanks Phil & Melanie for all the work in making this happen. It was great meeting everyone, getting to put faces to the names on this forum. We really have a great group here, I hope to see you all again soon.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I think I may have a picture or two to post later.....

the biggest understatement of the year

LOL great shots everyone!

Good thing I didnt wear those new Prada sunglasses.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Glad to see everyone had fun. I am still cursing the traffic on the Garden State that prevented me from making it back from Atlantic City in time. :evil:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9