Thread: S-Turns and Go-Around Interrupt Memorial

S-Turns and Go-Around Interrupt Memorial

Last night I was in the park that the NYCA picnic is going to be held, when I stumbled upon a procession through the park which was a memorial for a 20year old girl that died about a month ago. I knew her from when I was young and she was a younger sister of a local friend.

During the memorial, one thing they did was read poems that the girl wrote while she was alive. During this, LGA was landing on 22, which is usually a little to the north for good side-on shots.

I had stayed for the memorial and was facing the northeast when I saw a CO 737-800 with winglets on approach, but coming towards us, executing S-turns. Just as it came directly over us, mid-bank, he apparently called missed, raised his geared and gunned the throttle. It was pretty loud and everyone stopped to look up.

No one seemed very surprised or bothered, and I know it was only something I could appreciate. You folks would have enjoyed it if it happened during the picnic, the location of which is only 30 feet away.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Sweet, man wish I could be there. I would give a hell of a missed approach in the Lear for you all lol.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Sweet, man wish I could be there. I would give a hell of a missed approach in the Lear for you all lol.
    you fly a lear? what tail #? do you ever come into Jet Aviation at TEB?
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

I fly several Lears the 25D (N82AX thought that one seldom it is our air ambulance) N225LC a 25 B and N335RC a LR35 but yes they are the best biz jets in the world as far as I am concerned. I love the 25 nothing like the roar of a CJ-610 or two I should say crackleing away under your ass. We go into TEB sometimes. N82AX gets in there pretty frequently we take the 35 there on occasion as well. I normally get stuck on the 35 though for the most part. Do you fly?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Yeah I saw an American Md-82 do that in TPA....so sweet