Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAS and LAX Spotting Reveiw

LAS and LAX Spotting Reveiw

Before you scroll down let me thank Dave Budd for his amazing hospitality and time he spent spotting with me in LAS. I had a great time out west. LAS has some great birds and some wonderful spotting locations. Once again LAX was surprise with a very special bird, oh and I even meet one of Monty's friends!

Here's just a sample of the 1700 pictures I took this week.

LAX BABY!!!

Alex's favorite plane, hehe

Wow, Very nice Tom!

Supurb shooting. You really know how to bring out the gorgeous lines of those 727's I love oh so much
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Phil is crying right now.

I love that Aeromexico MD-80! Great shots Tommy. :)

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    excellent dude! loving the Cathay and Janet!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Tommy,

Good Stuff, Great shots

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Thanks for the nice comments Tom..

I was just uploading some of my pics from today when I came by here to check out the latest post..

I had a few pics of you while you were busy with some of our LAS traffic. I have to admit...you got some great shots even with all our heat!! You guys have no idea. It averaged 110 and the humidity was unbelievable!! I live here and it was almost too much for me and Tom didn't even flinch!!!

I can't wait to meet with all of you out west at LAX in Oct. I heard from a few guys in the U.K. and they might come out as well.

Don't foregt our airshow in November as well..

http://aviationnation.org/

Talk with you all later..

Dave

Okay one more..

I like to think of this as a profile pic..

Go Get'em Tom!!

Dave

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Oh no not the Hat!

Great shots Tommy, nothing better than a Janet bird. Wish they would land 25 when I am there! Great Shamu too!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    is it just me, or are the reversers on that A330 opening rather early? i mean, usually they open when the weight-on-wheel sensor is set off after the airplane settles onto it's mains. here, the rear wheels of the bogies are just touching the ground and the reversers are opening....

wonder if they did it manually, though i would usually wait a little while until the plane is definatelvely on the ground.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    is it just me, or are the reversers on that A330 opening rather early? i mean, usually they open when the weight-on-wheel sensor is set off after the airplane settles onto it's mains. here, the rear wheels of the bogies are just touching the ground and the reversers are opening....

wonder if they did it manually, though i would usually wait a little while until the plane is definatelvely on the ground.
    Matt I saw that a number of times this past week, rather strange. Perhaps something with the heat?

I am not intamately familiar with the A-330's little quirks but I do know several aircraft types can deploy while actually in flight. I personally enjoy flying a turboprop in decent with beta engaged. I have flown aboard a skydiving DHC-6 a few times in Lake Whales where as soon as the last man is out 4,000 foot a minute plus all the way to the last 500 foot of altitude in beta pitch. We used to beat the jumpers to the ground a times.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Good Pictures Tom

I really do apologize for not being able to make it out there with you :( I will make it up to you one time.

Thanks for the dedicated photo, I feel very special and loved :P

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Love the CCP 727shots !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Great shots Tommy! Love the Champion 727 shots. I have to get out there one day soon.