Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storms

No worries were getting huge ones here in sarasota too for the last hour. Multiple lightning strikes every few seconds and such rain well typical florida t storm rain if your familiar with it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

OOOOO Storms are here and I don't have my blanket! :shock: I'll have to hide under my desk since I'm still at work!

On Friday the 21st I was down at Seaport with my sister. The wind up Water street was just staggering. It had started to rain slightly, and I thought we could get to Wall street subway and back to the hotel.

That was when the downfall started. I was stuck on Maiden lane for about 40 minutes, under a scaffold next to a federal building. You couldn't see more than 100 feet because the rain was so dense, and then a storm drain started shooting a geyser of water about 8 feet, just spectacular. The sight and sound of fire engines ploughing through it was amazing, I was so pissed off I didn't have my camera.

Later I'd find that it had caused chaos at JFK - at 5 am on the Saturday morning T4 was full of people trying to get home because the previous day's flights had been cancelled.

Look for some more strong and severe storms later this afternoon. This heat and humidity should set off some really severe storms along an approaching cold front, and create strong winds ahead of these storms. Be safe everyone!

The smog today is amazing. Looking west toward Manhattan from Queens was so dark it looked like bad storms were approaching. Moving west though, you could see it was just filthy haze.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Poughkeepsie just had a line of severe thunderstorms. Of course I had to be at Splash Down waterpark when it happened. There was a lot of lighting and thunder and the sky was very dark and it was pouring rain.