Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JetPhotos help

JetPhotos help

recently i uploaded the photos to jetphotos, and as usual i got a rejection email. i agree with the reasons, but how can i fix it. im not a real whiz when it comes to photoshop, so can somebody help me. Nic V has told be about leveling and i think that's what i need to do for the 2nd photo. for the first i shrunk it down to 1024 pixels and that's when the quality got worse, unlike how i would think (and people say) that it does get better. also i know i can corp it to reduce the "too much space". well, anyway thanks for you help, and here are my photos.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1069695

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1069689

i would really like to get some photos on jetphotos or a.net because i dont have Even ONE. thanks.

They might be salvagable, if you'd like I can give them an edit, or some pointers in PS. You can shoot me the originals at [email protected]

Downloaded a copy of your jp.net file - the original is better to work from, but here's a quick & dirty re-edit:

I started by rotating the shot about 1 degree clockwise, it might even need a touch more. I cropped in closer to the aircraft, eliminating the dead sky above while keeping some of the flavor of the SXM experience. I brightened it by adjusting the levels, added a touch of contrast & color saturation (which can get lost in brightening). I then selected the aircraft & foreground (actually selected the sky & did an inverse selection) and applied a couple of passes of USM. I should probably deal with some of the jaggies around the trailing edges, but you get the idea.

BTW, I'm using Photoshop Elements 2.0 (came free with my 300D)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Your window shot can def be saved, it needs to be leveled and sharpened a little, its a good shot. I would download and print that PDF fergul has on anet, its a great way to learn the basics of PS, then after that practice a lot and buy a book about PS and use it, after a while you will improve.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

thanks for your help. i can do much because I'm in Poland and i cant send the photos b/c im using Internet cafes. once i get back on sep 3 i will send the photos. thank you. :D

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Your window shot can def be saved, it needs to be leveled and sharpened a little, its a good shot. I would download and print that PDF fergul has on anet, its a great way to learn the basics of PS, then after that practice a lot and buy a book about PS and use it, after a while you will improve.
    i did read that like you told me, but did not uderstand a word of it. that is why i made this thread.

Tell us what you don't understand...we're here to help you, G-BOAD! Do you have Photoshop (PS)? If not, you should try and get even a basic version, just to learn on.

If you are a beginner, the best way to learn PS is step by step....function by function; not all at once. If you don't know how to level a shot, learn that first. Don't try to learn an entire workflow or else you'll drive yourself crazy.

Do some googling, post on the boards, use the Photoshop help feature that is built in. The great thing about the program, is that the more you use it, the more you learn and discover and the better you get.

Good luck. Post any questions. I'm happy to help. :)

Here are my two attempts, just had a quick go at them, just to give you a general idea. I should haVe adjusted the color a bit in the 2nd one, but again it was a quick edit.

Quote Originally Posted by sluger020889

Here are my two attempts, just had a quick go at them, just to give you a general idea. I should haVe adjusted the color a bit in the 2nd one, but again it was a quick edit.
    thanks for your help with the photos. i will try uploading them, just can you send them to [email protected] thanks

Thanks to everyone in this thread that was trying to help me.

i read to PDF but i dont know how to sharpen, and select sky, the unselect it , then reverse, the expand by 1 pixel. i just dont understand it.

thanks
    -matt

PS. i have photoshop CS

well, i made it into the database, just it was not my photo, but my face.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5772887
    i am the guy next to the surf board.
    here is my pic:

(i didnt have good setting on my camera)
    all the photos i sent did not get in, and the one of the landing from the planes with editing help from Mellyrose was rejected for unlevel horizon. thanks to all who helped, and sluger, can you please email me those photos to [email protected]
    thanks
    and here i have some other photos, can you tell me what you think?

These shtos are nice. They might not be able to make it to JP or Anet, but realyl enjoyable to look at.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

the one of the landing from the planes with editing help from Mellyrose was rejected for unlevel horizon
    Just wanted to let you know that whatever lens you're using somehow skews the photos a bit, therefore making it impossible to get a level horizon.

Your other shots look good...do you like, LIVE at SXM? All from the same trip, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Just wanted to let you know that whatever lens you're using somehow skews the photos a bit, therefore making it impossible to get a level horizon.

Your other shots look good...do you like, LIVE at SXM? All from the same trip, or what?
    From the viewpoint of an Airliners.net screener, with regards to any lenses that skew perspective (i.e. fisheye or extreme wide), we would take a look at the centre of the shot as a guide to level. We expect the outer edges to look bent, but a building edge or pole (for example) in the centre, should be straight.

My golden rule though is that it should look straight and level at a glance. The human eye can detect small changes in degrees. Far more than we give ourselves credit for. If it looks right to you, then chances are it will look right for the screeners too.
    Glenn Stewart
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Twitter: Inodes

the one of the landing from the planes with editing help from Mellyrose was rejected for unlevel horizon

i would like to, but no, i live in new york. its all from the same trip. thanks for your help.

I also started trying Photoshop. here are some shots of an Iberia from Sep 9th.
    The first one: no editing- rejected for bad framing and composition (unsharp/ soft)

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1136529

2nd one: sharpened, of what i could understand

3rd one: some stuff with "level command": (not re-sized to 1024 pixels)

so, what do i need to learn and what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by glennstewart

From the viewpoint of an Airliners.net screener, with regards to any lenses that skew perspective (i.e. fisheye or extreme wide), we would take a look at the centre of the shot as a guide to level. We expect the outer edges to look bent, but a building edge or pole (for example) in the centre, should be straight.

My golden rule though is that it should look straight and level at a glance. The human eye can detect small changes in degrees. Far more than we give ourselves credit for. If it looks right to you, then chances are it will look right for the screeners too.
    It wasn't a wide-angle or fish eye type of skew illusion....no matter what I did to the rotation of these photos, SOMETHING would look off. I consider myself to have a very keen eye for details like this, and it just wasn't sitting right with me.

G-BOAD: What are you shooting with?