Thread: Part of LGA "closed"

Part of LGA "closed"

Due to heat related power failures... Looks like AA has cancelled all flights until 5PM, and that Delta Shuttle is affected as well...

CBS/AP) NEW YORK Power problems are persisting through at LaGuardia Airport. A Con Edison feeder cable is being repaired, however the problem is affecting the terminal for American Airlines and the Delta Shuttle.

Con Edison spokesman Chris Olert said that there are 190 customers without power in Queens, including LaGuardia Airport.

Port Authority spokesman Pasquale DiFulco says the air conditioning is working in one section of the Central Terminal which houses American Airlines. And although power is off at the Marine Air Terminal, where the Delta Shuttle departs, passengers have not had to wait there for long periods of time.

Delta Airlines
    -4 flights into Dulles and Logan airports have been cancelled from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

According to a Delta spokesperson, the outages are only affecting the Marine Air Terminal, which impacts the Delta Shuttle flights. The main line Delta flights are operating normally. Delta is accommodating shuttle passengers on other airlines.

American Airlines
    13 flight cancellations this morning.
    3 departures are now in the process of getting out.
    4 incoming flights will not be affected.

According to an American spokesperson, "The biggest problem we have is the baggage system, which is powered by electricity. That is currently down.

American is meeting with the Port Authority and reports that they will be bringing some flights in at JFK and Newark, due to the outages at LaGuardia.

"We are giving those passengers transportation vouchers to get to LaGuardia, since they may have cars parked there," the spokesperson said.

Anyone flying in or out of LaGuardia should check in with American Airlines reservations.

The power outage began at 8:30 last night. It was thought to be fixed by 12:30 this morning but DiFulco says there were intermittent problems through the morning.

Interesting how the article says Delta Shuttle flies to Dulles...
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    the western part of LGA had lost power due to the blackout, including the fuel farm...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Went by LGA to see the situation... Not as bad as I thought. Everything was business as usual with every airline except for AA (and I assume DL Shuttle, although I didn't go over there). Everything on the west side of the terminal was dark and AA was using hand lights (kinda like the lights subway workers use while working) for light. There were people everywhere, either stranded at LGA, or looking for ways to get out via JFK. I took some pics, I will upload them later...