Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New in NYC

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Dobry den Petr,

we arrived at JFK on the same day, so it is only now that I saw your post.

HOpe to see you this Sunday at the BBQ. I'm bringing my rugby ball!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie
    Dobry den Petr,
    Isn't it already "dobry weczer" ? :mrgreen:

The Q35 (IIRC) is the bus that goes down towards Floyd Bennett Field. It stops on the main road, and then from what I understand it's quite a hike to the NYPD helos... Also, I don't know how the security will be around those helicopters. I'm sure there's a guard booth or something that you may have to go through before getting close, and they may not be all that receptive to someone wanting to come take pictures of their choppers...

The closest active duty AFB to NYC is McGuire AFB. It's about 50 miles south of NYC, in the middle of nowhere. The whole "base" is huge because Ft. Dix (an Army base) is on the other side. I believe (but am not 100% sure) that you can access the base via a NJ transit train to a bus, that either goes on base or stops at the gate, but either way you won't be allowed on base, and probably won't be able to get any good pictures. The whole ride from Penn Station takes something like 3 hours too...

Sweet pics BTW!
    Thank for the informations :) I will just ask them(mean the NYPD) and i will see, if they dont let me in I will not cry :D .

Dobry den Petr,

we arrived at JFK on the same day, so it is only now that I saw your post.

HOpe to see you this Sunday at the BBQ. I'm bringing my rugby ball!!
    Stewart ARB is about 60 miles north of NYC, but there is no public transportation available to that airport.
    Wow, where have you learned czech? :)

I do, huge Yankee fan. If you want bring a baseball glove over to the picnic- if you're coming- maybe we'll have enough people to play a game (you need nine ). Oh, BTW I'm also a Jagr and Straka fan.
    I was asking because I never played baseball before but I want to start it playing when I'm back home. I have bought here a bat, glove, shoes and the "shock doctor" :shock: . But I cant play it and i need somebody who could teach me...or throw balls. I know a little bit what's the point of the game and so on...I also know how to hold the bat(the guy in the sport store explained it to me :) ). You maybe understand me, it's like a present that you can't open(watching the bat in the room).

Yeah, Jagr...he has a new girlfriend again.

I am 1/2 czech, but I can't speak it at all... My father immigrated here during the Communist Era in the Czech Republic, and I have strong ties to some of the Czech community, but I am the only one who cannot speak it...

IF you want to go to any Czech restaurants while you're here, I would check out 2 in Astoria. Take the N/W trains to the last stop and walk a few block back underneath the elevated subway. There's a restaurant called Veselka (or something like that) and another restaurant close by. We always go to Veselka because apparently it is better than the other one. THe people there are real nice and speak Czech....

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Garaj
    Wow, where have you learned czech? :)
    Not even needed, all you need to know is Pivo ;). Really nice country to be on vacation (though I only know the Librec area) and nice people.

Thanks, I would like to eat some Czech food :).

Yeah, Czech's are known for their good beer :) .

I was playing baseball today, I hit the ball few times...mostly it headed to the ground...then my friend from Taiwan hit the ball and the ball hit my leg :D . It hurts a little bit. But I like the game.

I hit the ball few times...mostly it headed to the ground...then my friend from Taiwan hit the ball and the ball hit my leg :D . It hurts a little bit. But I like the game.
    That's what the glove is for

I was asking because I never played baseball before but I want to start it playing when I'm back home. I have bought here a bat, glove, shoes and the "shock doctor" :shock: . But I cant play it and i need somebody who could teach me...or throw balls. I know a little bit what's the point of the game and so on...I also know how to hold the bat(the guy in the sport store explained it to me :) ). You maybe understand me, it's like a present that you can't open(watching the bat in the room).
    LOL, come to the picnic we'll teach you the basics. As for throwing, a good practice would be to get a spongeball (rubber) and throw it against a wall, throw with two fingers. You grip the ball with your index and middle finger.

Yeah, Czech's are known for their good beer :).
    Knedlicki with some Czechvar. :D The Shveik way!

Yeah, Czech's are known for their good beer :)
    Pilsner Urquell = Tasty
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Steve Urquell=nerdy :lol: