Thread: Happy 230th Birthday, USA!

Happy 230th Birthday, USA!

A video clip of the finale of the annual celebration put on by some friends and I.

http://www.cheesebus.com/video/4th/finale06.wmv (18.6MB)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Now in easy to swallow YouTube flavor!

gzK5uDfm2oM
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Hey Matt that is very cool! Is that your own celebration?

Yes it is. :)

Wow....though dangerous looking for amateurs, definitely impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Wow....though dangerous looking for amateurs, definitely impressive!
    Danger is my middle name!

Seriously, though, as long as you pay attention to your surroundings and use common sense you're okay. Most of the things we use are idiot-proof. Without getting into too much detail, there are certain things we've used which, while spectacular, are a bit more dangerous than the other things. Nothing has ever happened (knock on wood) but I think we will replace these with safer alternatives in the future.

I was in chicago, for the 4th weekend as I am every year. Grant park fireworks never fail to impress