Thread: White Plains

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

White Plains

I'm considering a trip this Saturday to HPN to catch what's hopefully a monster load of biz in for the US Open. Any tips on good spots, places that are certain no-gos, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Also, on a scale from 1 to Newark, what's the security situation like, both on the perimeter and in the terminal.

"1 to Newark". That's hysterical!! hahaha

Westchester actually has an observation deck on the third floor of their terminal. Not too great for photography with square fencing that's there, but nice to watch.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yea, those square Asian prison bars pissed me off!

Any updates on White plains, ie: good places to watch from?
    I spend a good bit of time in Westchester of late, so I've thought a trip over there might be in the offing, even if just to get some Airtrans before they're all gone.

Westchester County Police seem to think of HPN as a Dunkin Doughnuts... the place is usually crawling with them so be careful where you stop. Most places around the airport are NO STOPPING..

So, best bets would be Pepsico Headquarters and / or SUNY Purchase ... not sure of any other "safe" spots other than the observation deck. BTW, the fencing is actually BOMB PROOF heavy gauge steel mesh, not chainlink!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Go to the cell phone lot at the north side of the airport. You can park there and walk all the way to the end of the empty parking lot and you are near the final approach of RWY 16. The only problem is there is no shades to hide from the sun.

Thanks, gents!

Lol at Westchester police treating it like a dunkin donuts. That hit me right.