Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Varig plane jacked again?

Varig plane jacked again?

A Varig 777 landed at JFK this morning however, when I got there it was not at the gate rather at the AAL hangar as the other one had been. Has this one be reposessed again as well?

Senga

A judge did order a number of VARIG's 777 sezied so it may very well have been. Really to bad what's going on with them. What a great history they have.

Yes it is a shame to see things go the way they go..I guess that the business world for you- cold and heartless. At the rate things are going we might see the MD-11 here again if they dont kill over first.
    My parents flew on them last winter to Brazil...they said it was the best airline they have ever flown on.

Senga

Wow I see anther VRG 772 flight is planned for tomorrow....I guess this one will be taken away too heh. Its like they are flying into a meat grinder called JFK.
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Yes it is a shame to see things go the way they go..I guess that the business world for you- cold and heartless. At the rate things are going we might see the MD-11 here again if they dont kill over first.
    My parents flew on them last winter to Brazil...they said it was the best airline they have ever flown on.

Senga
    They were asked to turn over more MD-11s then 777 so who knows what you'll see, if anything.

Sheesh bad news with VRG from every angle. How many 772s did, do they operate?
    It wasn't that long ago when VRG had x2 JFK flights a day ad ATL was service with VRG.
    Senga

This morning it looks like the Varig 772 next to AA hangar is still the one with no No. 2 engine. I looked around, but didn't see a second 772. Are you sure they moved the new one over to AA?

Since you mentioned it the VRG B772 I saw must been the one that was already here for months. It wasn't visible for sevel days but you spotting of it shows its still here-I though it left.. This would mean that yesterdays VRG B772 flight departed more than likely.

Senga

On June 11th when I was heading into JFK I saw a Varig 777-200 parked next to the AA hangar so I guess it must have been PP-VRE, that´s what I had assumed because I did not see it in the hangars.

Senga...varig's flight tthat arrives in New York for today/sunday has been cancelled also. like i told you the other day, snap em while you still can! ;)

Varig 8864 Nova Iorque-NY 17/06/2006 23:59 - 2 - Cancelled

Heres 6/18/06's flight. I had a feeling it would be the last :/
    31R arrival. The pilots sounded quite depressed on the radios.

Senga

Sao Paulo was definately cancelled for today, i'll check to see if a Rio flight is operating. cancellations allover the place for Varig today.

KKK, Saw the stored VRG 772 today..it has been moved against the Southeast wall of the AAL hangar. Engines, Nacels are covered for storage.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    Sao Paulo was definately cancelled for today, i'll check to see if a Rio flight is operating. cancellations allover the place for Varig today.
    Isn't the flight that goes to GRU the same flight that goes to GIG? JFK-GRU-GIG?

[quote=Iberia A340-600]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Smith":25b3b
    Isn't the flight that goes to GRU the same flight that goes to GIG? JFK-GRU-GIG?[/quote:25b3b]

yes, wasn't sure if it was operating from GIG nonstop though...flight is cancelled