Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday June 11

Sunday June 11

It was great seeing the regular folks from NY as well as our meeting guests from PHL & Florida. I hope you guys really enjoy the rest of your visit.

I want to thank Tommy A. for the tip on underexposing due to the bright sun. The difference in the pictures before & after I made the switch is very noticeable.

I must say this was my most productive day shooting so far, so many shots to choose from that with careful post-work, I should be able to get some accepted. I wish I could have stayed longer but I was starting to not feel so good, and wanted to make sure I got home ok.

I haven't had a real JFK day since I got the XT, so to catch Cathay & Iberia's A346's, Emirates A345, Tahiti's A343, and the Royal Jordanian 310F just made my day.

Here are just 3 of my favorite shots from today.

Delta Connection E170

Royal Jordanian 310F

Air Tahiti Nui A343 (winking at me)

Great shots, it was a fun day today.
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting

Great shots John! I'm so glad you made it out today. Unfortunately, we just arrived back at home about an hour ago and I'm exhausted, so no photos edited (or even loaded to my laptop, for that matter) yet.

But...we got a great group shot at the end of the day, at Charles Park. We are missing a few key spotters who had to duck out early, but we got all of our out-of-town kids! ;)

Pictured from left - top row: Joe Wagner, Ed McCoy, Josh Akbar, Brian Futterman, Justin Idle, (me) Melanie Rose, Phil Derner Jr., Eric Dunetz
    bottom row - Joey (I don't know his last name! :() and Mario Craig.

See I regret not taking any photos today. Ill have to come out with you guys again.

(This is Jordan from today btw)
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting

I must have been in the wrong spot today. I spent a few hours in the Costco parking lot, where I ended up meeting someone who'd come up from Allentown, PA.

I took a lot of photos, though none look particularly special (in terms of the photography, anyway). I should have them online tomorrow after I'm done post-processing them.

Hopefully, next time out I'll manage to be in the right place, and meet some of you!
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

We were in the back by the water canal over there.

Give a call next time and join us!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It looks like you guys had a great time yesterday! The light was really gorgeous.

Even though I was not spotting with the group, like I had hoped, I managed to snap some shots from Terminal 7.

BTW did anyone happen to get an arrival shot of EC-JBA?

Here are some shots that I though were sorta cool that I took yesterday:

I'm at work and I can't look at the shots from yesterday, but I know that we got an arriving Iberia, as well as the departure, around 7pm. Wasn't that your flight? Didja see us? ;)

So, after a long hiatus, I'm back to NYCAviation...since I'm done with high school.

Were you guys in the BK parking lot? Because I must have JUST missed you. As I was driving up Peninsula Blvd., I saw the Shuttle America E170 on approach.

But I was content, because I finally got my EOS shot! It's in the JP queue, so I'll post it soon.

Great to be back (finally).

I left on the later flight out at 9:10. EC-JBA, the A340-600 I took, arrived around 7:30ish on 31L. When I got to JFK the earlier Iberia flight was taxiing out for 31L, I am pretty sure it was EC-JOH.

What a day, yesterday! I feel (and look) like I just experienced a nuclear blast -- terrible sunburn -- but definitely well worth it in the name of new traffic and old friends.

Phil, who said I was just lurking? :)

Gordon, we only shot the arrival and departure of EC-JOH. By the time JBA arrived, we were getting ready to leave after going for some takeoffs. Also, your United shot is brilliant...and by the looks of the traffic in your first shot (also great), we just missed the Icelandair 752 with winglets.

Will probably post some shots within the next day or two.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    What a day, yesterday! I feel (and look) like I just experienced a nuclear blast -- terrible sunburn -- but definitely well worth it in the name of new traffic and old friends.
    Hey I did offer sunblock! Yeah it was a nice day yesterday. To bad I had to leave early but I had prior plans. I've learned from spotting in the past that a bottle of sunblock now takes up permanent residence in my camera bag. "SPF 30, Don't go spotting without it" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Hey I did offer sunblock! Yeah it was a nice day yesterday. To bad I had to leave early but I had prior plans. I've learned from spotting in the past that a bottle of sunblock now takes up permanent residence in my camera bag. "SPF 30, Don't go spotting without it" LOL
    I hear you on that. I learned my lesson the hard way--I'm still peeling from the sunburn I got from being out at the air show. Between using sunblock, and mostly keeping out of the sun by ducking into my car when nothing was happening, I managed to escape yesterday with only a small patch of sunburn on my knee.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I swear I'll have Malignant Melanoma before I'm 24. I just hate putting sunblock on. Futt, you think yesterday was bad. Try standing outside at FLL for 7-9 hours with no sunblock in August. I think the next day at Justin's house I woke up to go to MCO and I walked around with my arms out for a few days. Walked like I had an invisible full body cast. I just remember having to put green aloe gel on. Damn that was cold stuff. The memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    Phil, who said I was just lurking? :)
    Ha, Brian...I think I was actually the one who said that ;)

Glad to see our favorite "Futtographer" back on the boards. We had a great time yesterday, too.

P.S. Of all the people, I thought I was the only one who escaped without sunburn, yet somehow my shoulders turned a pretty shade of pink a couple hours after we left the park. Not nearly as bad as that stripe on your neck! I'll post that photo later 8)