Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F14's are Coming!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    absolutely awesome shots John!

I heard them, but I really hope someone will share video!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Great Pics

Great pictures!! I was going to head out to FRG but work intervened.
    I heard it all though for sure.

Mario--thanks for the assistance today-great to finally meet you.

Best regards,

Art
    It's the fares, stupid

WOW Outstanding shots!!!! Sorry I wasn't there, I was on my way to lovely Valdosta, G.A. What a dump.

What a sad day it was! I was there by the terminal with my wife and 4 year old daughter to say good-bye. Just to make it that much more depressing, my daughter brought her soundtrack to Top Gun. My wife blasted the Top Gun Anthem as they were doing their flyby. It was very exciting to see them this last time, but it was so bittersweet. I got some pictures, but they're not posting quality.

Steve

Awesome shots there John! You definitely got them good.

My first airplane memory just happens to be of a Tomcat. It's the mid 70's and my family went out east for our annual strawberry picking trip and little did I know at the time that we were in Calverton. Well I'm bent over trying to find the biggest juiciest strawberry out there when I hear my dad tell me look! Before I can even react this airplane just roars overhead at what seemed like 50 feet off the ground to a 5/6 year old. Off course I start balling and dry heaving, because I was terrified of thunderstorms at the time. Who knows my mom even may have had to change my shorts. I was mesmerized as much as i was frightened and from that point on I always looked forward to go strawberry picking not just for the strawberries.

Fast forward 30 years to yesterday. As the pair of Tomcats from VF-31 departed they more than made up for their less than spectacular arrival. The F-14's took off and banked hard right over Home Depot and right in front of the Northrop Grumman crowd at the AAM. They set up for a high speed pass from North and with the wings swept back and cans lit screamed right overhead and set off every car alarm in a parking lot that was the fullest I've ever seen it since Airport Plaza opened. To scream at the top of your lungs and not even hear yourself is such an amazing feeling. Pass number two would be their last as I heard the speakers from the museum across the runway. So before they came overhead, this time with wings forward, I put my camera down and soaked it all in. It was nice to feel like I was a little boy again as my last vision of a Tomcat on LI will be much like my first.

+++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Concerns about Air Power Museum Security Officer

Hello All,

I have been an avid reader of this site for some time now and decided to join so I can take part in downloading some pictures to this great site. I read some articles with great interest about the security officer at the Air Power Museum. Although, I do not have any problems, I passed this info on to my dad who volunteers at the museum. He know the Executive Director, Gary Lewi and mentioned to him the concerns of the NYCAviation group about the security officer. Mr Lewi was very interested to hear about this and has asked if any members of this group would like to have a sit down meeting with Mr. Lewi and discuss your concerns. If any of you would like this opportunity, please email me so that I can pass the info on to Mr. Lewi.
    I don't mean to ruffle any feathers but thought I could maybe help in bringing this issue to a happy close that benefits everyone and allows all of us to enjoy our passions of aviation photography.
    I will post my selection of F-14 shots at Republic shortly.
    Thank you

Firstly, excellent photos everyone. As I said, I heard them in my office but could not see them through the skylight, but I could only imagine what they were doing. Great photos everyone!

Secondly, thanks Clipper, I will email you.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

My selections of the F-14

Here are a few of the photos I took at Republic on Friday afternoon. I was positioned at the end of RWY 32 since the sun was behind me and would reflect nice off the aircraft.
    [img][IMG][/img][IMG][/img]

[/img]

I have talked to Gary many times and always say hi every time he is
    there. I think he is Great and a true aviation lover. I enjoy his short
    chats because he is always getting pulled in 50 directions. He is a true
    asset to that organization. If he wants to talk to smooth things over with
    me, there is no need..... but if he feels that what was said on the forum is
    very disturbing and wants to find out what exactly what was said, you can
    contact me via my Email at [email protected] and I will talk with him
    the next time I am in the area.

I will not reply about this any further on this message board.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

MORS-AB-ALTO, Holy crap, that head on shot is TOPPS!!!!! WOW!!!

Moose, That shot showing the top of the aircraft is AWESOME!

Clipper, Great Nickname! Great Side shot of the 2 aircraft!!!!

Mario, Great Sunrise Shot!!!

We have some GREAT stuff here guys! The eye candy is unbelievable!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

You're right Fred, there's some great stuff here - the NYCA gang was all over this. It's going to make airliner photography seem dull in comparison :-)

That last video is by far the best...nice find.

Here are some of my pics from both days. The quality sucks because they're scanned, and they're not up to par with most of the shots already up, but nonetheless...

Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Thank you Fred for finding those, You rock!

That 3 or 4th from the bottom took them right over my office. Glad to finally see what I heard :)

Finally had a chance to go through my photos from Friday; here are the good ones:

Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"