Thread: work out question.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

work out question.

so tomorrow I will do something I never thought i would. My first day at the gym.

I basically want to firm up my core, so that I strenghten my back and abs and protect them from back injury over time ( I have had to deal with back issues in the past). But I also am looking ot lose amybe 10 pounds of fat around my stomach and tone up. Any routines or suggestions?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Well make sure if you want to lose fattage do cardio! I use the Arc Trainer for 30 mins combined with strength training for 30 mins as well. By combining the two you don't get that skinny drawn look about you. Oh don't be upset if you don't lose weight. As you do strength your muscles will grow larger and they weigh more then fat. I've found I've lost fat but have gained muscle in the past 8 months but my body weight has only dropped by 5lbs.

Second you need to stick to a routine and commitment! I go to the gym a minimum of three days a week sometimes five. But three is the very least I go. My normal routine is the following

Mon, Tri's and chest with cardio
    Tuesday, Bi's and Back with cardio
    Wed, Cardio only
    Thursday, shoulders and cardio.
    Friday, open

I have stopped doing legs because I use the Arc Trainer for Cardio and will increase the resistance to help build leg strength. As for what routines I do for each body type I make sure I do a min of three different kinds of exercises with three sets. Each new set I raise the weight and max out the set. This is what I do, someone might come along and say "your stupid, do this." Everyone is different but this has worked for me. Your diet counts as well, that is the hardest thing to change IMO.

I was thinking about routine and I'll be doing TUes and Thurs AMs before I hit hte office.

BUT... the additional day is the bith. Maybe monday?

Also, I was thinking, would if be good to do Thursday AM and then PM?? twice a day with a good 9 hours between, working different parts?
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie
    I was thinking about routine and I'll be doing TUes and Thurs AMs before I hit hte office.

BUT... the additional day is the bith. Maybe monday?

Also, I was thinking, would if be good to do Thursday AM and then PM?? twice a day with a good 9 hours between, working different parts?
    I wouldn't do the AM PM thing with different parts of the body. Your body needs more then nine hours to rest and going to the office working isn't rest.

I agree with Tommy on that, UNLESS you are doing cardio for the AM and weights in the PM, or visa versa.

Mario, Tomm'ys advice is good, but it's all going to be about you applying yourself and making sure that yu get the most out of each rep. Don't slack no matter how tired you might be. You'll feel better about yourself when you walk out of the gym if you do.

Also, remember that diet is 90% of it all. I hope you have a diet plan the same way you are creating an exercise routine. Ask questions about that if you'd like.

Good luck buddy.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: work out question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie
    so tomorrow I will do something I never thought i would. My first day at the gym.

I basically want to firm up my core, so that I strenghten my back and abs and protect them from back injury over time ( I have had to deal with back issues in the past). But I also am looking ot lose amybe 10 pounds of fat around my stomach and tone up. Any routines or suggestions?
    Sure..........stop posting and watching planes!
    Hours in front of the computer, spotting and grabbing high fat foods and having a service revolver pointed at you don't add up to a long life!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

UNLESS you are doing cardio for the AM and weights in the PM

thanks, that might not be a bad way to go if my schedule allows it.

stop posting and watching planes!

stop posting, yes, but watching planes, dude, some of those hikes we take are the best!! I've sprained my ankle twice, once rail spotting and once plane spotting.

well, its friday and my biceps are friggin sore.....might go tonight to do back and cardio again. but this might be the last happy hour a few of my buddies can do until summers end, so that might take precedent. plus I never anticipated working out on fridays.

They had this lower back machine that i tried yesteday, it might be a good thing for my back but i have to continually tighten the front chassis(my abs) so that it keps my back alighned. its all about firming up my core baby. **** diesel!

aaah the gym. So many things I need to work on but my kicker is committing to a schedule & diet. I seriously don't know why it's so hard for me- I used to have an excuse (crazy schedule), but now the gym I joined is open 24 hours and insanely convenient for me.. no excuse at all anymore. I won't even get into how many times I've actually gone since I joined back in February *cough*0*cough* :oops: I'm hoping the summertime will change things. This past week I've started walking a lot (3 miles a day) to try to get used to being a bit more active. That way I wont feel like such a noob once I actually *do* go in to work out.

(yes I am aware that my post didn't help at all, but good luck! ;))
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!