Thread: QF 107 Disbaled At Jfk

QF 107 Disbaled At Jfk

thanks to the narrow taxiways at JFK a QF 744 (VH-OEE) has clipped the right wing on blast fence, won't be going anywhere for a while. QF 108 has been xxld.

Maybe this will be the first step towards getting an LAX-style Qantas hardstand.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

here is a pic of it from upperdeck.

Well luckily since there is so many American flights to LAX I am sure the passengers won't be delayed long but it kinda screws up connections over at LAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Well luckily since there is so many American flights to LAX I am sure the passengers won't be delayed long but it kinda screws up connections over at LAX.
    biggest problem is getting the people to Sydney...especially if QF 94, 12 and 176 are full, seems some have been shifted to QF 12 though.

I just saw QANTAS taxiing that jet at around 12:15. It looked to be heading to the runway, but I'm not sure. It must have been a quick fix!

If they were taxiing around does that mean they were going to a hangar or inspection of the wing?
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Well it was parked all morning over by cargo area C. I couldn't tell if they were fixing it out there or just waiting for hangar space to open up and then move it there to fix it (might have been what I saw). I'll keep you posted if I find anything else out.

Steve

Well it looks like it didn't leave after all. I got some pictures of them tugging it over to the British Airways Cargo building. Sorry for the poor quality. I only have a point and shoot Sony and the weather was less than cooperative.

Ouch, do you know if the whole tip actually came off from the impact or did they take it off to repair it?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

This tip was on the day after the accident. I guess they decided to remove the tip rather than try to repair it at JFK.

probably be at JFK a little while longer...it's played havoc with QF scheduling of flights down here, Syd-Hkg has been downgraded to a 747-300.

Today around 10:00 am, I saw VH-OEE getting tugged back to the hangar in Cargo Area A. I don't know, but perhaps they decided to put the winglet back on or maybe they're cleaning up the hack job they did before. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Steve

Aircraft in Hgr 19 Sunday night . Boeing crew replacing outboard 3 or 4 feet of right wing including aileron. They have a rental crane with a production fixture to remove install the section.

aircraft arrived in Sydney today/tuesday at 0840 local time as QF 7510 Jfk-Lax-Syd.