Thread: The Blue Angels visit LGA !

The Blue Angels visit LGA !

This is something I am real sorry I missed. Many co-workers told me when I came in to work today that about 1000 this morning the Blue Angles and C-130 did a flyover at LGA at about 100 feet right down Runway 13 with a steep right banking climb with smoke, they all said it was "Really Impressive". As I mentioned in the Jones Beach thread they where seen around 1400-1430 this afternoon doing circuits down the Hudson then northbound over Astoria, Queens then back down the Hudson. This happened at least 3 times but sadly no second flyover at LGA.

Cheers

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    never saw the low pass along 31. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

They did the same thing over here at JFK. Probably right around the same time, they went screaming down 13R and before you know it they were gone.

I think they must have headed straight west over Manhattan after buzzing LGA, as a friend of mine and the people with him on the Upper East Side who were unaware of Fleet Week had a near panic attack upon hearing the extremely loud jets around 10am.

I saw a nice formation heading down the Hudson around 2pm, led by a C-130, an F-15 (I think), an A10, a WWII era plane and something else I didn't get a good look at.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9