Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow (offical meetup thread)

Shots from today

The Aftermath of one of the Blue Angels blowing out the ILS!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

The C-130 and 4 or 5 Blue Angels just flew down the Hudson southbound at about 500 feet, then came Northbound over Astoria, Queens, did a hard 180 and went back down the Hudson southbound !

Cheers

LGA777

Too bad I have a job now. I could be home watching and shooting! :lol:

Just saw 2 fighters (I think an F15 & F16 dont quote me) overfly my house, and "heard" them land @ ISP. Will have to investigate later where they are at.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Just saw 2 fighters (I think an F15 & F16 dont quote me) overfly my house, and "heard" them land @ ISP. Will have to investigate later where they are at.
    F-15 are based out of Islip! that I can confirm. No F-16 at Kfrg and word of the day is that they were going to be at KISP too. Not enough room at KFRG.

SIT YEA BEOCH
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Great shots Fred!

I took a long lunch hour (ok, so I was making up for the 273 consecutive days I had lunch at my desk...) and drove over to the terminal.

They were fueling the birds and getting ready to launch, so I stuck around for a while:

This thing really sucks!

With everyone watching the Blues, nobody noticed me doing a little airliner spotting as well:

I was sitting in Air Traffic Manager's office and heard the startup of #7, those things are loud as hell!

And when I was in the tower as soon as he pullled up off the runway to do his 90 degree nose up climb the ILS damage control siren went off it was amazing! But no one else thought so
    because we just got it fixed. Anyway I saw Fred on top of his car and came back later so I got to meet Sean Tucker.

(I'm not that tall only 6', he's just crouching with his parachute on)

The infamous A10's both using the callsign "Tiger 81"

(Those bad boys did a high speed fly-past of the tower, they actually shook the window panes. I would have gotten some excellent pics from the tower but no, those terrorists had to mess up everything, besides the Blue Angels's Colonel was up there today and will be for the whole week, So I had to be professional about everything LOL!

P.S. another random Sean pic

Oh and one more thing, it hasn't been confirmed but there should be a F-14 on Sunday at the beach.(According to the peeps here)
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Quote Originally Posted by K9DEP
    Oh and one more thing, it hasn't been confirmed but there should be a F-14 on Sunday at the beach.(According to the peeps here)
    Hey Tom????? Sundays weather just got a lot better looking!!!

Hot damn, an F-14! That will be great.

Oh, btw, I'm down at the FRG terminal right now, and they are doing an engine change on Blue Angel #2. Heard they sent Fat Albert down to Pensicola this afternoon to fetch a new engine.

I'm not saying there will be but that's what the ATM here is suggesting.
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Yeah I could have guessed that, they had #2 off to the side right after they landed from there practice thursday. Fat Albert took off at about 4:30 or so, to the tower saying "we'll see you late tonight".
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

**Confirmed @ ISP**
    2 F-15's & 2 F-16's sitting on LI Jet ramp very close to the tower base.
    Saw them myself last evening. Not very promising for photo's but Fred thinks he is up to the challenge.

As for FRG..caught this guy arriving last evening around 5:15pm A little gray thanks to the overcast weather. Thank you to the wife for driving me out there.

T-2C Buckeye

Yeah, over by JetCenter there were 2 Buckeyes and two T-39s late last night. The 2 A-10s and the Army Golden Knights jump plane were over by the Airpower Museum.

Ok it looks like Fred and I will be out on Sunday for the Airshow. Sat morning is looking to iffy right now. If you want to meet up with us just walk straight down the beach from the flag pole and you'll find us. I'm planning on being on the beach no later then 8AM. As for Sat it looks like FRG will be the place to be. If anyone needs to contact me feel free to call me 1-516-456-1499

...as long as the wife doesnt back out, I'll be at FRG both Sat & Sun.