Thread: Help uploading photos!!!

Help uploading photos!!!

Does anyone have any sugestions on uploading photos to websites like Airliners.net or for that matter any website? No matter what I do with my current software Kodak Easyshare it will not reduce the picture size enough to allow uploads. If someone can recomend better software or any tricks other than changing the quality and size of the photos using the above software it would be apprecitated????

I would love to share my photos and no one gets to see them :cry:
    Train exceeding medium speed must at once reduce to that speed!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    First thing I would do is get Photoshop. Even if it is 2.0 elements it's a good start. Save the pictures from your camera to a folder on your computer, then use Photoshop to crop and re-size and edit. Would love to see your stuff!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

If you can get your hands on any version of Photoshop or editing software, that would be helpful.

Once your photo is in one of those programs, resize it to 1024px by 683px. That is the standard for most websites, and a good size to show your work in...not too big, not too small.

If you need help with the specific editing process, to increase your chances for acceptance on a website, check out some of the other threads in this forum. Members have given some great advice!

NIKV69
    Thanks for the advice I ordered Photoshop 4.0.

I hope I will have more luck with it?

Thanks again,

s2vKJFK
    Train exceeding medium speed must at once reduce to that speed!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Great! If you go to the upload page on anet there is a PDF from Fergul with a good basic set by step way to edit aviation photos, it's a great way to start. Also buy a book on PS, I bought a great book so I could learn CS2 and I try to read it and learn something as much as I can. When you get your first few pics done post them here!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol