Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nostalgic Kid's Shows

Just checked he died in 1983, wow I was 7 then, holy **** do I feel old. Man I loved growing up as a kid, I def had a great childhood!

i remember seeing the episodes of mr hooper dying but if tom was 6 i wasnt even born yet cause hes 11 yrs older then me, weird.....

i remember watching carol burnett shows and mommas family when mom had them. while not cartoons they were shows i watched a long time ago.
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I remember Todays special but I though the puppet/old man figure was Mr Crenshaw from Pinwheel! LOL
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

How about MAGIC GARDEN and the Chuckle Patch?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    What about Romper Room? I loved that as a kid.
    Miss Molly was hot.

I remember for awhile CBS had an AMAZING Saturday morning lineup of Muppet Babies, Pee Wee's Playhouse and Garfield and Friends.

I don't remember anything about the show, but I liked Steampipe Alley with Mario Cantone. I wonder how many parents of kids who turned out gay blame that show for it.

My neighborhood finally got cable when I was around 9 or 10 (88 or 89), at which point I got hooked on Mister Wizard (I remember thinking then that the episodes must have been 15 years old at the time,) Double Dare and You Can't Say That On Television.

My little brother was born when I was 10 in 1989, so I got to watch kids shows through high school. Sesame Street was on the decline but they still showed some of the old clips from back in the day. One of his favorites was Shining Time Station which I liked for the cool train claymation stuff and George Carlin as the conductor.

My brain hurts from all this time travel. I'll probably think of more stuff later.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I remember for awhile CBS had an AMAZING Saturday morning lineup of Muppet Babies, Pee Wee's Playhouse and Garfield and Friends.
    That line up is still permanently stuck in my head. I talk about it frequently. haha.

Oh, and I have Pee-Wee's Big Adventure on DVD. Yes, I just admitted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Nothing to be ashamed of, it's a fine film. If I had it I think I'd watch it right now. Instead I'm watching Thomas the Tank Engine on youtube. :D
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Nothing to be ashamed of, it's a fine film. If I had it I think I'd watch it right now. Instead I'm watching Thomas the Tank Engine on youtube. :D
    THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE! WOW I LOVED that show!

that was a cool show.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Just checked he died in 1983, wow I was 7 then, holy **** do I feel old.
    OLD? Damn, Tommy, I was getting out of college and going into the Air Force in 1983 :shock:

I remember GUTS, Wild and Crazy Kids, Hey Dude, Family Matters, Legends of the hidden temple... just to name a few..

http://www.retrojunk.com has a lot of good videos from the shows

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanExplorer222
    I remember GUTS, Wild and Crazy Kids, Hey Dude, Family Matters, Legends of the hidden temple... just to name a few..

http://www.retrojunk.com has a lot of good videos from the shows
    Chris that sight is out of control!!! All this talk about old stuff around my Bday is making me feel really old. Great find, thanks!

damn, Legends of the Hidden was great...the huge talking Olmec head and everything. maybe some people in my age group would remember shows like: ren and stimpy, cow and chicken, wacky races, johnny quest, 2 stupid dogs!
    Upcoming Flights:
    EWR-SLC-FAT (ida y vuelta...June 9-11)

JFK-MIA-SCL (June 27)

SCL-GRU-JNB-NBO (July 24)