Thread: Fire at Triboro

Fire at Triboro

there seems to be a big fire at the triboro bus depot which we all know is right under the approach to RWY 4 at LGA is it having any effect on the airport?
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

sooooo...

When I heard that they were using runway 4 and that Trump was coming in, I got of my lazy butt and sped over to Planeview. I got there about 1 minute before his scheduled arrival and raaaan over to the park from my car. As soon as I put the camera to my eye to see what was coming, I heard this WHOOOOOOOSH POP and felt heat. I looked across the street and the bus depot was an inferno. Another spotter (not photographer) looked at me and he said "I was just here to watch the planes! We better run" Everyone else was running....and I could smell the gas fumes...so I ran to my car.

But not before I took some photos, of course....I will share those tomorrow.

Also....I looked up Trump's flight, after the fact, I found out he was 25 minutes late....by then they were using runway 22 (and I could've spotted 2 blocks from my house)

That must have been pretty scary, Mel. Glad you, and apparently everyone at the depot, are alright.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Oh, great....big fire, big explosion near the airport, two "airplane spotters" seen running from the scene....At least you weren't driving a red truck with Jersey plates ;) Seriously....Glad no one was hurt! and thos pics you posted on the other thread were cool!

Mike

I read a couple articles about it and naturally, most people thought that it was a plane crash. The guys in the tower must have gone nuts...and I've never seen so many Port Authority Emergency vehicles rolls out at the same time. It was a big friggin mess.

Although Mel didn't get her photo in the paper, when I read the article in the New York Post, one of the witnesses' names was Mark Lawrence.

Mark lawrence is a member of this site, if it's the same person. Irony.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].