Thread: A Quick Note...

A Quick Note...

I sit here in front of the computer, coffee in hand, Jersey radio 101.5 delivered via the web, with the bounty of a weeks worth of off time stretching in front of me. After a busy period of flying, it takes a day or 2 of downtime to truly return to the planet,to reintegrate with the rythms of normal life. It has been an amazing couple of weeks, we have pulled our contrail everywhere from Seattle to EWR,and over a lot of the in between.That wonderful, archaic thunder chorus of the JT8D-17,and -15 has been heard at all hours,and I have enjoyed the sweet rapture of night flight both over the ink black Sonora, and the neon lit streets of my youth.God's grace our tenure with the 727 will continue,there are rumblings of Airbi coming on the property staring in '08. Oh well, it will be time to teach an old freightdog some new tricks, but it will be a sad day when the last three holer ferries out to the desert on that one way ride, sadder still when that thunder,crackle, boom, of the JT8D is silenced. Meanwhile we will enjoy her while we have her, screaming aloft in that pure ,high,blue, or star spangled black, pushing mach when we want to go fast, leaving our signature of smoke,and noise, and car alarms going off wherever we depart, God bless a classic, el 727 !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    amen...!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.