Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYC - March 11-12

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Sounds like you guys had a great time today spotting, as for myself we hit four airports out here today, LAX, Mojave (droooooollll, OMG it was awsome), Van Nuys (got a Lockheed Jetstar!), and than SMO (can you say ramp access, loads of Bizjets! nice stuff). Its funny they keep calling for poor weather but the weather has been fantastic although it did snow at Mojave today, gave it a real X-File feel to it, no one around, snow and loads of old birds, it really was very cool.
    Hey Tommy, I know you've been getting lots of good stuff out west, but especially glad to hear you got that Jetstar! Its getting to be a rare catch these days most places.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Yesterday was definitely a fun day. Here are some shots I got.

I was excited to see a DL 757 in the Ron Allen scheme. Never know when they'll be repainted.

This was interesting. Landing traffic touching down only a quarter second after departing traffic went airborne. This actually happened twice while we were out there.

We also saw a JT8D engine on the back of a truck on Airport Road.

After Planeview, went inside the terminal to get the America West CRJ-900, finally in sunny conditions. However, my shot came out pretty hazed with heat mirage.

Then we got stopped by police, but that's a whole new thread that I'll have to make in the Spotter Blotter later.

It was 2:25pm at this point. We knew that the rwy 31/13 closure would end at 3:00pm, so we decided to bank on (no pun intended) the runway being opened for use with Expressway Visual 31. We went to the marina, and sure enough, Josh and I noticed an AA 737 turning past Shea Stadium at 3:15.

We went to a few different spots, following the moon, so get various shots.

At one point, A Spirit A319 went missed for no obvious reason. there was no traffic on the runway at all. Then the next plane, a Midwest 717, kept on coming and he did the same with the same conditions. Strange.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Tommy,

I sure you'll have a huge posting when you get back...hint, hint.

John
    Patchogue

Really nice pix Phil. and it was such a Beautiful Day in NYC yesterday.

And Tommy from what I here Mohave in the Snow is pretty freakin rare, you hopefully got some very rare shots, they where even talkin about the snow on the Yahoo Mohave Boards !

Cheers

Ron Peel

It was great getting out for some spotting with the beautiful weather we had yesterday! Sure enough, however, the Curse of the HP CRJ900 lives on....just like Phil, my shots suffered from the APU exhaust of an Airtran 717 that had just pulled in to the gate next to the taxiway. One of these days I will nail that plane perfectly!

A couple of moon shots made the afternoon very productive:

My first decent shot of a US Airways CRJ in new colors:

My first shot of an Air Canada E-190:

A couple of nice Expressway Visual banks rounded out a solid hour at the Marina:

This was the only shot I got at JFK since the sun was being very uncooperative:

I forgot to post one pic that I took specifically for Futt....

It's Virgin...no, its Qantas! Wait, it's Virgin! Ummm...its Qantas!

:)

I was in the city for most of the day, but I did get to meet up with the boys right as they were finishing up at Planeview (which sucks, since I've never spotted there..can't wait for that!)

I didn't have to chance to get much, but right after we got to JFK, we ended up seeing the Pink Song! (I got a little overexcited, actually...jumped up on the picnic table)

The light changed for the worse, and the plane was at a terrible angle for me to get anything worthwhile....boo :(

But, I got a shot from underneath, and at least for my own satisfaction, you can see the pink.

well, I can't compete with Phil & Josh, but I'll be happy with what I got.
    I understand a little more now the concept of good lighting after looking at my shots. My shots of aircraft approaching Runway 4 were overexposed on top & underexposed on the bottom. So the best shots came over the GCP & runway threshold.

First off the elusive America West CRJ9....same haze problem as everyone else

My first ACA E-175

AirTran B737 w/winglets

Finally, It's just a Saab, but she's winkin' for the camera, which gets reflected off the fuselage EVEN with the bright sun.

John
    Patchogue

Wow these are fantastic pics guys! The moon shots are just outstanding!!!

Hi everybody !

I'm currently renaming all of my pictures and I wonder what is the registration of the CRJ Comair parking just in front of us when we were eating on the terminal... Does anybody have it in memory or in picture ?

Thank you very much !!!!

Raph
    -- A 747 can hide another one --

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie
    heeeey theres Toms ass :shock:

hahahaha :lol:

I can''t believe that got accepted haha
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Nice moon shot ha ha :lol: :lol:

Here is one of mine taken in picture this week :
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5744688

Raph
    -- A 747 can hide another one --