Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NYC - March 11-12

I'll be in Virginia this weekend... shooting Tomcats and Hornets and maybe Eagles and Raptors on Friday, general aviation on Saturday, IAD on Sunday, and a mix of Hornets, Tomcats, Eagles, and Raptors on Monday and Tuesday.

Local weather is now calling for sunny skies and 58 degrees. If that keeps, weather doesn't get much more better for spotting.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'm still up for saturday so !!! Phil, tell me how we can organize that ? I'll try to get online on AIM tonght to talk about that with you :)

Raph
    -- A 747 can hide another one --

This weekend sounds like the ideal spotting weekend! Unforunatley I am flying out of JFK on Saturday to a more warmer San Juan and possibly St. Martin.

I will likely go out on Saturday. I have one specific plane that I have to shoot that afternoon, but beyond that I'm not sure which airport I'll shoot at. Depends on runway configs I guess.

I gotta be honest, guys. I might need a ride. My lady won't be around and I'm one week too young to rent a car.

If yous gots wheels and are willing, help a brother out!

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here and I would definitely be interested in some spotting this weekend. I'm 17, so I would need a ride (I can easily meet at any subway/bus stop or whatever). I haven't done much spotting, but I did hang out with some of you (Phil at least, I think) at the LAX parking garage the last afternoon of AI 2004.

Is the plan for Sat. or Sun., and would someone be able to give me a ride?

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Will, that was a great day out in LA! I'm glad you're around.

I can't offer a ride myself, but hopefully I'll get to see you agian this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Winglets747
    Is the plan for Sat. or Sun., and would someone be able to give me a ride?
    The weather forecast is very good for saturday so I guessit is for saturday... But I'm not reall sure...

For my part µI'll try to reach LGA by myself with public transportation... But if someone is ready to give me a ride... :D

Raph

work saturday and parade sunday... damn 2 weekends in a row im missed!!! :cry:

They are landing on 4 at LGA, so I'm headin to Planeview.

Call my cell if you have it.

Good to see you guys there today. Raph, it was nice meeting you. I wish I had more time to join you guys at JFK, but I knew I had 2 dogs at home with their legs crossed waiting for me.

I told you when the weather got nicer I'd be out more. Gotta be a nice day for me to make the drive.

Anyhow, let me look at what I got, and will post some in the next few days.

Josh, thank you for the offer, I'll definitely take you up on it.

John
    Patchogue

Great weather, great spotting, and a great group. It was good seeing everyone today, and we got a little bit of everything today. Rwy 4 from Planeview Park, the America West RJ from the terminal (along with a confusing encounter with Port PD) some Expressway Visual approach shots, then a quick dash down to JFK where we caught the Cathay 747Freighter departing Rwy 31. Quite a full day, although the light ran out a little too soon. Right after we left, they switched to Rwy 13, we could have finished the day with some Air India cargo shots.

Hope the warm weather is here to stay!

It was a great day yes !!! Thanks for all of you guys ! I was nice to meet some of you and to see the other ones again !!!

Now I've seen the two airports I wanted to know... :) And I hope to spend another day with you !!! :)

Good night everyone !

Raph

Sounds like you guys had a great time today spotting, as for myself we hit four airports out here today, LAX, Mojave (droooooollll, OMG it was awsome), Van Nuys (got a Lockheed Jetstar!), and than SMO (can you say ramp access, loads of Bizjets! nice stuff). Its funny they keep calling for poor weather but the weather has been fantastic although it did snow at Mojave today, gave it a real X-File feel to it, no one around, snow and loads of old birds, it really was very cool.