Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spotting in Philly

Wow that's very cool Mel!! Phil said you got that shot, nice job. Happy you guys had a great time in Philly, did you get Phil a chessesteak?

I did! I took him to Geno's and next time we'll do Pat's :P

To get that shot, I jumped on top of the rental car and just went for it. Tried 3 times and only pressed the shutter once on each...this was my third try and I was SO happy when I looked at the LCD. When I saw Phil's reaction to it, I knew I had finally got it. :mrgreen:

We're planning another Philly trip within the next couple months, but we'll stay longer and plan it better to catch some great cargo stuff and the international traffic. I'm excited already.

To get that shot, I jumped on top of the rental car and just went for it.
    So that's how the car got the dents......Phil told me someone hit it, LOL j/k

You callin' me fat son? :x

ahahahahahahahaha!

Editing between dirty diapers and Teddy Grahams...I actually opted to edit first, the 2 that will almost defintely never be seen on Anet or JP, just b/c they are the shots that I went to get, and I want to share them. A bit soft, but I'm satisfied...especially since I only hit the shutter once per plane, after jumping on top of the car. :-P

One US Air 752 somehow managed its way into Photoshop, too. Tonight is edit night for me and Phil, so hopefully no procrastination will ensue, and I'll have more to share tomorrow...

In the meantime!!!! :mrgreen:

Mel NICE WN shot! N487WN must be a bird to shoot cause a few of my other friends have shot it at their airports too!

I flew on N482WN so not that far off (yes Tom i remembered that registeration too;))

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Ok, here are some of my shots from that day. The light was great, although the sun did get high a little fast.

First, which of these two shots do you think I should try to upload?

Was nice getting some Miami Air. I've never gotten this before.

A sad sight.

Didn't know they even had Star Alliance 757s.

I've sen this one at LGA before.

Email me anytime at [email protected].

Excellent shots, Phil. I prefer the first US 762 shot (closeup) over the second.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I didn't think Miami Air went into PHL... and yet, it's my home airport!

Awesome shots Phil! I'd go for the second US 767 - I think it has more of a "soaring" feeling...
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Phil--

Tom and I saw the Star Alliance US 757 at BWI as well. It was dark to see but Tom mentioned it was US Airways. So yes they definetly have them as you noticed too!

Great shots as well id like to see the 2nd 767 US Airways uploaded too.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Very nice Phil. and as far as the US 757 Star Alliance 757 comment I believe you where kidding right ? If not is one of three !

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Phil--

Tom and I saw the Star Alliance US 757 at BWI as well. It was dark to see but Tom mentioned it was US Airways. So yes they definetly have them as you noticed too!

Alex
    Was it that bird Alex or was it a 321? Does US even have 321s in those colors? I wasn't paying to much attention since it was after dark and you could hardly see it. But I do remember now seeing her.

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Alex T":d9c91
    Phil--

Alex
    Was it that bird Alex or was it a 321? Does US even have 321s in those colors? I wasn't paying to much attention since it was after dark and you could hardly see it. But I do remember now seeing her.[/quote:d9c91]

Tom, it sure was a Boeing 757. It came from CLT.

Flight Itinerary
    US Airways Depart 5:20P CLT Arrive 6:40P BWI 757

We saw it right around 6:30pm.

Alex