Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Online Aviation Photos!

My First Online Aviation Photos!

Hey guys. Just got an e-mail from Jetphotos with my submisson results. I actually uploaded to anet about a week ago, but after impatience set in, I decided to throw them on JP as well, for quicker results. Happy to say they were accepted....even one I was not sure about. :)

Here they are! Will update with anet results whenever they come. ;)

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21317

Congrats, Mel! :)

Thanks Josh! Incidentally, I got an e-mail from Anet just minutes ago, with 2 rejections and notification of 3 others going onto a 2nd screener. The ones rejected were slightly surprising, but the few that I am extremely confident about have thankfully made it through the first part, and are hopefully on their way to being accepted! :-D

Way to go, Mel! :) Definitely nice to see a new name on the scene. Now I suppose you'll be trading Bloomingdales and Nordstrom's for B&H?

Word of advice, though: A.net's second screening means diddly-squat...I waited 10 days for a shot to be screened, and it was "currently in screening" for at least 3 days (meaning it passed the first review) just to be rejected at the last minute.

BTW, if I haven't said it before, I your signature is awesome. "Seat belt. Hi-tech ****." haha

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    great job Mel.

BUt as I said, wont be loading up to anet in droves anytime soon. by the time my 2nd pic uploads there, my first child may be off to college!

nice pick up Brian! George Carlin is awesome!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Very Nice Photo's Mel, they look GREAT and good luck with getting your first on a.net. we all look forward to seeing them and more on a.net
    Welcome to a GREAT hobby and passion !

Congrats !!!

Ron Peel

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    Now I suppose you'll be trading Bloomingdales and Nordstrom's for B&H?

I was telling Phil I really want my own "real" digital camera. I've been satisfied with my junky Nikon Coolpix for about a year now, and while its great for point and shoot social photos, its obviously just as useful as a disposable Kodak when it come to aviation shots. I've been using Phil's camera for these shots, and though intimidating at first, I feel comfortable with it now. I'd love to have my own soon, and surprising enough, I'd be willing to sacrifice my Coach bags for awhile, in order to save for one.

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's great to have encouragement. :D

I echo everyone's comments about welcoming you to a really fun and enjoyable hobby. When summer rolls around and we go out at 5am for the JFK arrivals, that'll be the test of your dedication. :)

And just as a word of advice, Mel, don't pay too much attention to the naysayers (not just here) who talk about a.net as if there's this impossible hurdle to get pics accepted. And don't get down if you get rejections from there or other sites....there are a lot of talented people here on NYCA (yes, even including Phil :)) who can help you learn from these experiences.

Josh, just her staying with me is true testament to her dedication!

I'm really proud of Mel. I was amazed when I looked at my LCD after some of her shots and saw how well-framed they were. A steady hand is vital.

She also has solid prior experience with Photoshop and an artsy eye as a graphic designer. If she keeps at it, I'll be expecting great things.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Well, I don't blame you for expecting great things if she's got a steady hand! :) (sorry, couldn't help myself)

HAHAHAHA!
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

all right im jealous....

great job Mel, fantastic! excellent.

i really need to step up to taking pictures.
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    Well, I don't blame you for expecting great things if she's got a steady hand! :) (sorry, couldn't help myself)
    HAHAHAHAHA.....that's just too funny! Anyway, congrats on the fantastic accepted shots Mel - you're on the way to becoming the new Sam Chui, haha. :D

Regards,
    -Omar S.

Hell must be freezing over....or they hired elves at anet, because I got my final results for my photos just now! My 2 favorite photos from my first day of shooting were accepted on the first submission! I'm very excited.

Here's my link: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

yay! :mrgreen:

Mel, those two shots "ROCK" and I love your enthusiasm ! Great Job !

Again Congrats Big Time !!!!

Ron Peel