Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JFK this weekend

I might be able to make it out for Saturday Afternoon, but I will probably be out all day Sunday.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I think that Phil and I are going to try and make it out on Sunday. The weather looks more promising (read: not as windy or freezing cold).

Hope to see some of you out there!

:)

Hey hey...

Fine I decided to be with you tomorrow !!! I'll try to join Tom Alfano this evening !!! See you tomorrow ;)

Raph
    -- A 747 can hide another one --

Hey Mel,

the weather (read: wind and cold, haha) really doesn't look that much improved from Saturday to Sunday, so if you guys have got time tomorrow, it would be great if you would drop in on us! I'd really like to meet you and Phil! :D

Regards,
    -Omar S.

Omar I'll def be out on Sat, right after I get some sleep, lol. I have Rafal's cell phone number so I'll call him to see where you guys are. I won't be out at 6AM with you though. Getting up today at 3:45 to fly home was early enough.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Getting up today at 3:45 to fly home was early enough.
    Haha, that does sound bad Tommy.....however, I'll be feeling you pain in a few hours, seeing that Rafal is making me get out of bed at 1:45AM, AAAAAHHHH! :shock:

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow man! :)

Regards,
    -Omar S.

Hey !!!

I've finally get back home... :)

First I want to thank all of you, and especially Tom who drove me around the airport with Phil, Melanie and Brian ! As you could see I didn't speak a lot and I'm sorry :( I don't feel confortable when I speak in English and maybe you've felt it (And I'm about to become an Air Traffic Controller ah ah ! :D). Whatever... I was glad to notice that this evening it was easier to unerstand you than in the morning ! :)

I had a great day and it really was a pleasure to meet you ! I hope see you again around LGA that time ! :)

Some pics will be uploaded soon ;)

Raph
    -- A 747 can hide another one --

It was a great day today! We had quite a crowd - Phil & Melanie, Tommy, Brian, Senga(!) plus Rafal, Blendi and Omar from BWI and our new friend from Paris, Raphael. Yes it was cold, we had a couple of Port PD cops stop by (they said they had gotten "lots" of calls, but it looked like they were shopping at Costco and just happened to see us) but it was a good day of spotting.

The highlight had to be the AA757 with winglets (and if you were within 10 miles of Costco, you could have heard Tommy yelling "WINGLETS! WINGLETS!")

When it got too dark to shoot, Phil, Mel, Brian, Tommy & I went to Dave & Buster's for dinner and games.

Yes it was a long day, but a whole lot of fun! Hope to do it again soon.

My thoughts exactly Moose! Really was great day all around, a bit windy and cold but JFK again had some nice surprises like the AA 757 with winglets and the 767 from Alitalia. Rafal, Omar, and Blendi it was great seeing your guys and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon in March!

It was great getting out again and meeting up with Rafal, Blendi again and finally getting to meet Omar! Nice to meet Raphael from France as well. If I ever do move back to the DC,VA, MD metro area its always good to know there are some great guys down there to shoot with!

BTW after the rest of us left the Costco parking lot I notices the Cops pulling into where we were. I also noticed another one going into the BK parking lots where the other guys went.
    Looks like we left just in time.
    The Boston Market/Air Tahiti shot had to have been the most amazing part of the day. I'll let someone else share this story!

Senga

Some pics from our day out.

Take notice Phil has his arm around someone from France!!! This is huge development for U.S/French relations!

We had a blast too, despite the cold! Thanks to Phil being so generous with his camera (and the planes he let me catch), I should have a decent amount of shots to share with you guys by this evening....and another round of uploads to be patient about.

It was great to meet so many of the site members, too. I'm glad to be able to put faces and personalities behind the screennames.

Check back soon for our photos! :mrgreen:

I'll second everything - had a great time! Couldnt've asked for a clearer (or colder) day. It's always fun to just go and hang out for the day with the regulars and meet up with the guys from DC as well...or maybe that's just because they come more prepared than we do!

Also looking forward to meeting up with you again within the next month, Raph. :)

Hey, Tommy, why don't you show everybody your shots of the Alitalia MD11 or the Emirates and Thai A345 departures? ;)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Nice shots Tommy, Of course I new you would choose the one shot where I look the worst! :)
    I cant take a decent groupshot to save my life LOL
    I didn't notice the UAL old, new colros 757.. Nice catch.

Aren't they are kind of old to be having that car? I bet their breaklights don't work.

For some reaons Brian always looks to take pix of me :lol:

Senga

I've edited several photos! I was very excited about my 2nd day of spotting, and I'm pleased with the results. Also, as mentioned in a different thread by Brian, I got my beloved Pink Song (though it was arriving LGA and we were at Costco....we even went on a wild goose chase trying to catch the departure, but thanks to ****ty traffic, we turned back around :()

Again, any and all feedback is MUCH appreciated!

Here is one of my favorite shots (not airplanes) of the day:

Caught this in between the stupid phone wires!

Phil let me get these MD-11s...one of my favorite aircraft types:

-and-

I took so many shots yesterday (considering I don't even have my own camera yet) I didn't even REMEMBER taking this one...even as Phil, Tommy AND Brian all tried to convince me I did:

Another American:

A couple more red tails to add to my collection:

-and-

Jet Blue's "I <3 Blue" <---I'm a big dork and think that's adorable:

and......duh duh duh dummmm! I think this is guaranteed Anet:

Last but not least...my boyfriend...some of you might know him ;)

and me, as my boyfriend! :mrgreen: